New in town (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I'm new here (Albuquerque) - just moved here from Pennsylvania on Friday for a job. I drive an 80-Series and have been a member of the PA Keystone Cruisers for the past several years. I've been meaning to introduce myself on here all week, as I've seen several cool cruisers since arriving in town, when lo and behold I'm leaving work today and as I was walking out someone was leaving a HDC card on my dash! Anyhow, I met Ali ( @Ali176 if I'm not mistaken), and I figured it was time to finally post up on here. I like technical trails (all we have in PA) and also longer distance overlandy type stuff (did a trip out west last summer). Looking forward to hopefully meeting some more of you guys and getting out there on the trails!

David

Snapped one of these pictures about every 5 min on the way here:

Picture from GSMTR 2018:

Welcome to the land of entrapment! That’s a good looking rig.

Welcome to NM. Nice 80. Watch for our monthly Breakfast post soon and join us .

Glad you piped up David, you have a nice 80. You'll enjoy wheeling out here as trees don't mysteriously jump out atcha but we do have undercarriage grabbers!

There are few other rigs in my parking lot who needs HDC cards on their windshield. ;)

Last edited:
Welcome to NM. You living in the city?

Ya, sweet 80. Tell us about the rig. Looks like a mild lift. What roof rack it that?

Thanks, it looks waaay more beat up in person haha. It's got a little over 3" of lift right now, but it seems to change a good bit depending on how much stuff I have in it. Tires are 315/75/R16 Duratracs, also got factory lockers, 5.29s, ARB + M12000, and a set of drawers I built for the back. The roofrack is a Prinsu that I got before the company was sold. I've been super happy with the rack. Bowfin Cruisers makes a very similar one now. I also have ~70% of a rear bumper sitting in the garage, but not sure if that counts since it's not on the truck yet.

Glad you piped up David, you have a nice 80. You'll enjoy wheeling out here as trees don't mysteriously jump out atcha but we do have undercarriage grabbers!

There are few other rigs in my parking lot who needs HDC cards on their windshield. ;)

We do have quite a few inopportunely placed trees back east, haha, it's all part of the east coast experience

Welcome to NM. You living in the city?

Sure am - far south eastern side

Welcome! We can always use more 80's in the club!

Good looking truck!

You will be glad you moved here. Lots of good 4x4 opportunities in NM and other 4 corner states. Thanks for keeping that 80 going strong.

You will be glad you moved here. Lots of good 4x4 opportunities in NM and other 4 corner states. Thanks for keeping that 80 going strong.

When people asks me what I think of NM, I tell them it's a horrible place to live. DO NOT move here ;)

We gotta keep this gem a secret......

When people asks me what I think of NM, I tell them it's a horrible place to live. DO NOT move here ;)

We gotta keep this gem a secret......
Absolute truth, especially if those folks are from California, or New York/New Jersey.

Absolute truth, especially if those folks are from California, or New York/New Jersey.

Yup! That's all I will say just to keep politics outta this.

Aren't you from California?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom