Intuitive Park Assist (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaTrk

SILVER Star
Threads
So im trying to figure out if mine is working.... The manual says that a green light should light up on the switch when the feature is turned on and a buzz confirmation tone should be heard. On my switch, I constantly have a faint green light and when I press the switch, the light get a little brighter. Also, I get no buzz confirmation. I cant tell if the system is working. What does it do? Also, when I pull in to or back out of the garage, I always get a screen that pops up on the center display that reads, Toyota Park Assist - never when pulling into parking spots or the like. It seems to pick up the left front sensor when pulling in/out out of the garage - never the other ones. So, is Toyota Park Assist the same as Intuitive Park Assist ? Is the manual correct on the buzz confirmation tone when activating? Tks

Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 10.49.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 10.50.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 10.52.34 AM.png

If you see bright green led light then the sensors are activated. Pull all your windows down and walk outside the car close to front And rear sensors and listen for the beep to make sure is working.

This is a combination of sensors on your front/rear bumpers plus the camera view with the green, yellow and red lines guiding you while you turn. It’s absolutely not like park assist feature that you see on Lexus LS models where the car almost parks it’s self.

If you see bright green led light then the sensors are activated. Pull all your windows down and walk outside the car close to front And rear sensors and listen for the beep to make sure is working.

This is a combination of sensors on your front/rear bumpers plus the camera view with the green, yellow and red lines guiding you while you turn. It’s absolutely not like park assist feature that you see on Lexus LS models where the car almost parks it’s self.
Did what you suggested and I got no beep noise..... But then I placed a box in front of the right front sensor and when I put the car in reverse, it was detected and I got the beeping sound. So I guess it works? Maybe it never gets activated when I park(pulling into a spot not parallel parking) bc I dont have "Auto Camera" turned on. I dont like that bc I dont like to have the camera screen come on every time I stop at a sign / stop light. Also, even though the manual says there is a buzz confirmation sound on activation, I guess there isn't???

Got 2018 as well and do not get a buzzer 'confirmation' sound when I turn it on. I think it's a typo in the manual. Everything else seems to be working OK. Do you have a problem with the switch going in to far in the mount when you push on it?

Got 2018 as well and do not get a buzzer 'confirmation' sound when I turn it on. I think it's a typo in the manual. Everything else seems to be working OK. Do you have a problem with the switch going in to far in the mount when you push on it?
Button does not go too far.... Its just that when I pull in/ out the garage, it’s the driver side sensor that’s always going off - never the right side or any of the other ones. So I began to wonder if the system was working or even on. Then when I did not get the buzz confirmation when turning it on, I got more curious. So, to confirm, if I do not have the system set to auto, it will not come on when pulling in to a straight on parking spot - like an open lot in a shopping center or Home Depot??

I believe if the system is off (switch light is not illuminated), sensor wont send any signals. If the system is on (auto), both front and back sensors work. I fond that things directly in front of you, like a garbage can won't get detected only things off center.

You do have to have the switch turned on and while in D or R for the sensors to work and beep. If they are not beeping take it back to the dealer.

So, to confirm, if I do not have the system set to auto, it will not come on when pulling in to a straight on parking spot - like an open lot in a shopping center or Home Depot??

The parking sensors are on or off. If they are off, they won’t beep.

ETA: The parking sensors are not connected to the front camera. It doesn't matter whether the front camera is set to auto or off. The parking sensors are controlled by the parking sensor button.

Last edited:
So, to confirm, if I do not have the system set to auto, it will not come on when pulling in to a straight on parking spot - like an open lot in a shopping center or Home Depot??
What do you mean by set to auto?

What do you mean by set to auto?
Okay, so I guess ive mixed up 2 different options - Intuitive Park Assist and the Auto Camera Function. I think I got it now.... The Auto Camera Option - if set to Auto, the camera comes on everytime the car is coming to a stop. Intuitive Park Assist - a beeping noise that is dictated by the distance of the car to other objects, front and rear and corners. What I originally could not figure out was if my Intuitive Park Assist was working bc when parking straight on I never get the beep noise. When pulling into my garage only my front L sensor beeps. When I turn the system on, I do not get the confirmation buzz. As mentioned by another user, neither does he (get the buzz), so maybe a typo in the user manual. Maybe the front sensors only beep when parallel parking with an object in front of the car. With high curbs and the like I never get a warning so I guess its for higher objects which is no problem - just trying to figure out the system and if it was working seeing as I didn't get the confirmation buz and the RF sensor doesnt go off when the L one does. In addition to the above I was trying to figure out how to get the camera to come on when pulling into a parking spot so I can see the curb, bump stop. Now I know the only way is to use the Auto Camera option which will turn the camera on at every stop, not just when parking - which I dont like every time, but there is no way to differentiate a Stop from Parking.

Thanks for the good summary, I wish I had this a week ago when I was trying to figure all this out as well. What I did to get a feel for my sensor pickups was pull up to and back up to a plastic garbage can in my driveway. The back sensors PU at any location behind (4 sensors), but the front sensors (since there are only 2 to the sides) do not PU when the can is directly in front, only off when off center. So be careful pulling up directly behind a motorcycle :)

The sensors aren’t perfect. They usually do well when pulling up towards a wall, but they may miss something skinny like a bollard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom