Dobinson MRR lean assistance (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. I just recently installed the Dobinson MRR system on my truck. I went with C59-542 up front (rated to give 1.4” of lift) and C59-559V in the rear. The problem is that after 200 miles the rear passenger side is 1” higher than the driver (with a full tank of gas). The lean gets worse as gas goes down. I have tried opening the KDSS valves to equalize, but that did not help. My installer has assured that the taller spring is on the passenger side (which makes sense with it being higher). I reached out to Dobinson, and surprisingly they advised me to do the wood block trick to effectively preload the KDSS system to level it out. Is this really the right way to address this? I previously had the OME BP51 system with 2721 rear coils and did not have this same lean problem. Part of me wonders if I have a bad or wrong spring.

Would appreciate any help you can provide.

Why not just put the taller spring on the Driver side? Couldn't hurt, right?

I know with Australian instructions there has been some confusion between "Driver" and "Passenger" sides since in Australia they are opposite of U.S. - maybe some of that is going on here?

HTH

Why not just put the taller spring on the Driver side? Couldn't hurt, right?

I know with Australian instructions there has been some confusion between "Driver" and "Passenger" sides since in Australia they are opposite of U.S. - maybe some of that is going on here?

HTH
Echo this. If I ever invent the car industry, we're keeping 'port' and 'starboard' conventions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom