Reasonable price for a 2007 / 200k miles? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2007 Land Cruiser with ~200k miles, asking 19k. I haven't seen it in person yet as it's a couple hours away, but I'm planning to next weekend.

Timing belt changed @ 120k miles in 2012 according to carfax/toyota records. It appears to be due for another change unless it's been done and just isn't showing up (not sure if this is common??).

Thanks in advance!

2007 Land Cruiser with ~200k miles, asking 19k. I haven't seen it in person yet as it's a couple hours away, but I'm planning to next weekend.

Timing belt changed @ 120k miles in 2012 according to carfax/toyota records. It appears to be due for another change unless it's been done and just isn't showing up (not sure if this is common??).

Thanks in advance!

A carfax won't know if they had a local shop do it. Look for a timing belt service sticker under the hood that should give you an idea. End of the day its an $800 job and shouldn't be make or break...

The 06 and 07 take top dollar but 200k isn't the lowest mile 07 out there. I'd be more comfortable around 15-16, but that will probably be lower than other responses you get here.

I paid 15k for an LX470 with 260k miles on it. I probably overpaid, but don't really care. 2 years later, truck is approaching 300k miles...

My general rule with something as important as a timing belt is, if I don't have a piece of paper saying it's been done (or an updated sticker on the engine), it hasn't been done. I've found while doing maintenance on the LX that a lot of fluids/parts I've changed out haven't looked too bad and I'm pretty sure they have been changed already, but unfortunately I had a gap in the service records on mine so I'm going through it and replacing various things.

Good luck on the hunt! I love my 100, it's a great platform.

Id say somewhere in that 15-17k range is reasonable depending on overall condition, amount of rust, and color. AHC is going to need some service at that point if it hasn't been done and that gets spendy too.

Little trim items add up quick and if you are particular about condition, buy on condition. Clean and southern rust free with 200k would be a lot more valuable to me than northern with 200k on it.

Thanks for the responses. Hopefully I can talk them down quite a bit. I don't mind paying if it's in great shape. It's 1-owner, maintained by Toyota, and dark grey. We'll see...

I paid $12.5k for an '07 with 205k and the second timing belt service done at 183k. Check Lexusdrivers.com you can sign up for free and check the Lexus service history for any VIN.

PywgIzc.jpg

I bought my 2006 LC with 101,000 miles from my neighbor. One owner dealer serviced with timing belt done.
Paid $15,000 Canadian = $11,600 US. He was offered $14,000 Canadian by the Toyota dealer so just asked me to pay $1,000 more than the dealers offer. Based on what dealers are asking there is a big mark up charged by car dealers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom