Correct wheel size for '94 80 Series (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
I had a set of 35x12.5 r15s on my '94 1FZ-F (FZJ80R-GNMNU) until a recent trip to the bush left me with only 3 functional tyres.

I live in Zimbabwe so getting hold of replacements is not easy, so I have decided to revert to the OEM size tyres and rims (275/70 r16 on 8JJx16 rims). This size tyre is pretty common here (as are a number of other 31 ish sizes) so next time I lose two tyres in the middle of nowhere I will be able to borrow an emergency spare (maybe!).

Anyway, I have decided to get a full set of 6 new tyres and rims. Tyres are fine, but my supplier in South Africa wants a bit more detail on the rims (offset, PCD and CB). From what I can find online it looks like the rims should be 8JJx16 , PCD 6x139.7, but I cannot find any info on the CB size or offset. The two options that look most likely are 106.2 or 108 for the CB (this site is pretty adamant about 106.2 Toyota Land Cruiser 1994 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs), and I think offset is 0.

Any advice or pointers would be much appreciated.
Cheers.

Standard Offset is 0.0

6x139.7 For PCD is correct, same as Chevy and Nissan, which is really 6x5.5
106.1mm for CB is what I'm running, it goes on with a nice fit. I have heard anywhere from 105-108mm too...IDK

Offset is 0mm
Centerbore is 106mm
PCD is 139.7mm

It does not matter if you get hub-centric or bolt-centric as long as you get the correct wheel nuts.

With that Tyre size, you could also get away with using rims off a 4Runner/Fortuner/Hilux or other 6-bolt Toyota. I'm not sure how pricing is there, but the 4Runner steel spare rim is cheap and built for similar loading. Steel rims should always be cheaper than the alloys

Thanks everyone - most helpful. I will get back to my supplier and see what he comes up with - otherwise I will try get some old Hilux rims.

Incidentally, are there any issues using hubcentric 108s with a spigot ring to center the wheel on the hub properly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom