Trying to get a replacement key-FOB...Failed attempt #1 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After reading this thread, I bought this eBay replacement for my '94. TVSS goes into program mode, I click the FOB.... and nothing. I tried clearing the codes as well. Rinse and repeat... still nothing. Im wondering if it's because mine is a bit older and pre-OBDII. Any sugestions would be great. My door tumblers/key copies suck and it would be great to just use the FOB.

The link you provided is to a fob that is not listing your vehicle as compatible.

Did you every have a fob. If so search eBay by the fccid number as that will get you one that works.

That is how i got one for my lx.

I did have one. A single button FOB. It was broken and subsequently lost. Where can I find that number?

Try the one I got as listed in that eBay thread. I bought two and they work perfectly on my ‘97.

Try the one I got as listed in that eBay thread. I bought two and they work perfectly on my ‘97.
After reading your post, I'm going to try programming again with a faster button response. If not, I'll order that one. Thanks

Before I removed the alarm brain and all wiring associated with it from my '94 I successfully used a fob from a '95 4runner.

This is what I have on my 94....

FCC ID: BABEUC1163
Key Fob Front.jpg
Key Fob Back.jpg

Key Fob FCC ID.jpg

Last edited:
So Mine is a little different since I have an LX but i purchased this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013TGJM2I/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Someone else who has a 94 can give you the fccID from their remote which will give you what you need to search. I tried another FOB that looked just like my lexus fob but said Toyota and it would not pair. I looked at the FCCID and it was different. It doesn't matter what it is branded if the FCCID matches it should work. You can find Isuzu, toyota, nissan all using the same FOBs, with the same FCCIDs.

edit: someone beat me to it!

That one should work as it references the same FCC ID. More than likely only one button will work as on the original used one button to both lock and unlock.

Whatever button you push during programming is the only one that will work if it works like mine.

I recently purchased this one:

And I cannot for the life of me get it to pair with the car. I hold the program button down and the red light turns on, I press any button on the remote and nothing happens. Am I missing something? Which button did you press to get it to program with the car?

I am not familiar with the 94 programming instructions but for my 96 LX there is a button under the seat that you can get to with a pencil from the side with the door open. I believe i pushed it until the red light came on for the glass-break sensor/alarm indicator and then pressed a button... top in my case. Then i got in and tested it.. I wanted to make sure i didn't lock myself out etc.

Haha would have taken too long. Putting in the key, turning it a little...i couldn't be bothered with all that work.

I am not familiar with the 94 programming instructions but for my 96 LX there is a button under the seat that you can get to with a pencil from the side with the door open. I believe i pushed it until the red light came on for the glass-break sensor/alarm indicator and then pressed a button... top in my case. Then i got in and tested it.. I wanted to make sure i didn't lock myself out etc.
I did this an the red light came on and I pressed the buttin on the remote to pair it with the car but nothing happened. I am fearful that I need to buy another remote, but every remote I have tried so far has not worked. I wanted the remote to be new so it would last long but I am thinking I might have to buy a used one.

Forgive me if you've already said, but did you check with your vin to make sure you have that same alarm that most people have for the same year? I know you matched the same FCCID that others of the same year have, but confirming you have that same alarm is important. also the fob you got i got the same one tuned for the LX and it does have more range than the stock one, so once you get it working you will like it better than the stock ones. Any idea if your alarm works?

Forgive me if you've already said, but did you check with your vin to make sure you have that same alarm that most people have for the same year? I know you matched the same FCCID that others of the same year have, but confirming you have that same alarm is important. also the fob you got i got the same one tuned for the LX and it does have more range than the stock one, so once you get it working you will like it better than the stock ones. Any idea if your alarm works?
I matched the FCC ID numbers of the alarm system and the remote with the original paper work of the car to that of what is on the physical alarm system. Based off of that, I ordered the remote. I believe the alarm system is the stock system for that year. None of the wires are spliced anywhere and it matches pictures from other people with the same year. I ended up ordering a new one directly from Toyota based on information cdan provided me. It comes in tomorrow so I will see if it works. If not then I give up and will either go with a new system or just continue using the key manually.

Just wanted to give everyone an update. I picked up a new remote directly from Toyota. Got home and tried programming it... IT WORKED! I connected right away with no issues. There is a new part number for this system though. The part number from Toyota is PT398-07100. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom