Need recommendation for skid plate for a FJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As the title says, "Need recommendation for skid plate for a FJ45" (1967, 3 speed)

Pretty sure I have the one I took off my 64 when I put in the 4 speed. If you’re interested, leave me a VM at the shop and I’ll have a look the next time I’m there.

Iron Pig makes a very nice heavy duty skid plate that bolts up with the stock mounting holes. My 71 had 6 tapped holes for the old stock skid plate, I drilled and tapped the 2 holes that were marked with a + and then used the 8 mounting holes/bolts. They are around 300 bucks which is not cheap but I thought about protecting my new transfer case. If your interested let me know and I’ll take a picture of the skid plate and post it tomorrow.

Any skid plate you get make sure it is designed for a FJ45 or a factory three speed skid plate. The factory slotted the hole so they would fit the LWB which is a little narrower in that area compared to the SWB. Depending on how hard you plan to wheel for 45 the factory skid plate may be tough enough. Been pounding my factory three speed skid plate in my 68 since 1974. Bend it a few times but never any transfer case damage.

Iron Pig makes a very nice heavy duty skid plate that bolts up with the stock mounting holes. My 71 had 6 tapped holes for the old stock skid plate, I drilled and tapped the 2 holes that were marked with a + and then used the 8 mounting holes/bolts. They are around 300 bucks which is not cheap but I thought about protecting my new transfer case. If your interested let me know and I’ll take a picture of the skid plate and post it tomorrow.
Pic please

Sorry for the delay, just got back from camping with family. They say this skid plate will fit many different set ups. Mine is SBC with Toyota four speed and Toyota 3 speed transfer case. It has about 1 1/2 inch clearance to my drain plug (lowest point), yeah could be up a little bit it’s made for a lot of different configurations. Bought mine from metaltech4x4.com
DB355D35-9903-40E3-93DD-A1113B2AB27C.jpeg
B1561C02-BDB2-42EF-8F6F-7B1081C68AF3.jpeg
D1E32B61-7A25-4374-B16E-993FF5A2E5C7.jpeg
42894BD4-078B-441E-AFCB-29A34DF99B46.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom