Lower ball joint! Real time ideas to get this thing apart today! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well I’m going out to give it whirl. Thanks for the suggestions and wish me luck! I’ll post up how things are going. I had to take care of some stuff earlier so looks like I’ll be taking my wife’s car to work again since i only have about an hour left to work on it. I wasn’t able to get a seperater tool but I did pick up a new torch since I couldn’t find my old one

Looks like I’ll be looking for a puller tool in the morning. This is a bit discouraging. I was hoping to have them both done by today so I could do the SPC arms tomorrrow since they are supposed to arrive today

Got it out! Thanks for the help guys!

Another question, the new ball joint looks like it’s seated in there pretty good but I feel like it is very very slightly not straight. Is this an issue? Snap ring should go in no problem.

And btw, my upper joint has a huge amount of play it turns out... hopefully no problems driving on it today! New upper arms should go in this coming week

Last edited:
I just figured i should update this. I got the balljoint replaced and put the SPC UCAs on. I never got to the second balljoint and may just hold off!

On the way to the dealership for a very much needed alignment it actually felt more solid. After the alignment it feels like a new truck.

My numbers before the alignment were comically so far from spec. On the drivers side I didn’t even attempt to re-align the upper arm mounts. I was a little worried the dealership might not be sure about the alignment due to the adjustable arms but they were able to get all the numbers within spec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom