Fuel Filter Hose Clip Failed - Need Advise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys - 02' LC w/ 159K and everything is pretty much stock. Posted in a couple other older threads about this, but I'm concerned my rig might start on fire or blow up if I don't remedy this today...

Just had a huge baseline maintenance run-through done on my rig, and the fuel filter replacement was included - I had a WIX filter put in.

Problem: Picked it up this morning and drove 25 miles into work. Gas gauge was at 3/8 tank to start. Got to work and I was just above empty...strange...MPG's aren't that bad! Opened hood and noticed the forward gas line to the fuel filter was loose (and the smell). Noticed a giant trail of gas on the pavement and a giant puddle under the DS of my rig. I lifted the hose/clip and gas poured out, so I pushed it down, heard an audible click and the line was secure and not leaking anymore. Called the mechanic and he said it was driven nearly 30 miles after all maintenance procedures were completed and the fuel filter and lines were good. He said to keep a very close eye on it and the green clip that attaches the forward hose to the filter probably needs replacement. This is a job I can obviously do myself, but I'm concerned about driving it and having the clip pop off again before the new one is installed...basically I just need to get the rig home tonight. It's an obvious safety concern, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I will say it here too.

If it happened 1 time and is now secure it was not installed correctly. The clips were not lined up or it was not pushed on hard enough.

After your fix if you pull up on it gently does it move ? Wix is used by many here including myself and I have not had a problem.

I will say it here too.

If it happened 1 time and is now secure it was not installed correctly. The clips were not lined up or it was not pushed on hard enough.

After your fix if you pull up on it gently does it move ? Wix is used by many here including myself and I have not had a problem.
Thanks for your input (again) - after it was pushed down and I heard the click it's now solid. I pulled up on the hose/clip with some force and it didn't move at all. I confirmed that both sides of the green clip are grabbing the filter post too. The mechanic maybe only had one side of the clip latched - not both? Just not sure how he can drive it nearly 30 miles w/out it coming off while it's installed incorrectly.

Thanks for your input (again) - after it was pushed down and I heard the click it's now solid. I pulled up on the hose/clip with some force and it didn't move at all. I confirmed that both sides of the green clip are grabbing the filter post too. The mechanic maybe only had one side of the clip latched - not both? Just not sure how he can drive it nearly 30 miles w/out it coming off while it's installed incorrectly.

IMG_1324.JPG

IMG_1325.JPG

It makes no sense why these clips are not provided with the filter. I had to work mine free and now I'm a bit concerned it has been over flexed. Does anyone have a part number handy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom