What rear end diff parts can I supply to mechanic for installing locker? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have a good rear end and a totally professionally rebuilt Detroit full locker for the rear.. however I’d rather supply whatever parts the mechanic (4wheelers off-road Phoenix) would need to install the locker.... I just don’t know what parts I’d be looking to buy.

I don’t need a full diff rebuild I don’t think but not sure what parts of tge install are needed. Please direct me to the information or a place to get the parts thanks

The mechanic should be able to source anything they need.
Honestly, installing a full carrier detroit locker is the same as rebuilding the diff.
You might as well replace the carrier and pinion bearings while it's all taken apart.

Cruiser Outfitters should be able to supply what you need.

Carrier bearing already replaced and races are “taped” to the it to not mix them up... thanks I will let them souce it. I thought it would be cheaper if I did but i will check our cruiser outfitters to see what they have. Thanks guys.. it’s getting closer and closer everyday to being serviceable.

Just gotta get some real crappy used “roller” tires to get it up in the truck and then out to the shop for transmission change out.

So last question. I have a three speed going back in but it has a vacuum transfer on it... I want my manual off the tranny coming out and I Want it to be installed onto the tranny going in? Is that possible?

can just sell the vacuum one or give it away later?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom