Socal shop reference: Yotamasters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

COYS

SILVER Star
Threads
For those of you who've had work done on your 80 by Yotamasters in Corona, CA, any general thoughts to share?

I'm scheduled to have them do the following work on my FZJ80 and wanted to check my bases before surgery:

-Nitro 4.88s
-OME 2.5 lift
-ARB front and rear lockers
-ARB twin compressor install with factory switch
-Full front axle rebuild (birfs, knuckles, brakes)
-Blue fan clutch
-New belts
-Alignment
-35s mount and balance

Thanks!

-

Last edited:
For those of you who've had work done on your 80 by Yotamasters in Corona, CA, any general thoughts to share?

I'm scheduled to have them do the following work on my FZJ80 and wanted to check my bases before surgery:

-Nitro 4.88s
-OME 2.5 lift
-ARB front and rear lockers
-ARB twin compressor install with factory switch
-Full front axle rebuild (birfs, knuckles, brakes)
-Alignment
-35s mount and balance

Thanks!

-
Whoa...that's a lot of wrenching! Let us know how it works out, I need a trustworthy shop from time to time and they're close to me too.

Whoa...that's a lot of wrenching! Let us know how it works out, I need a trustworthy shop from time to time and they're close to me too.

I can def say, speaking personally, it’s a lot of work to give to a new shop I’ve never done business prior so appreciate everyone’s input.

Thus far, Eric has been generous with his time lending his thoughts and expertise as my jalopy awaits its turn.

So much of the work is about technical nous, and just as vital, integrity. I considered ordering the front axle rebuild kit through cruiser outfitters and the like, but having spoken with Eric, I’m confident he sources oem or better parts so decided to have him handle this portion.

I’ll keep y’all posted. Gracias, amigos!

I think Yotamasters is a perfect one stop shop for all that work. I had them rebuild my knuckles they did a great job, they even repainted the knuckle housing which was awesome.

F340C5E2-EE94-4C28-BEFA-4636D89AF529.jpeg

They're a good shop. I've had multiple things done by them, mainly when I'm short on time. I also buy a lot of parts from them. The great thing about Eric is that he stands by his work. Also, If you buy parts from them you don't have to deal with the factory for warranty stuff. Recently I broke a Trailgear inner hub gear, took the pieces down to him and he handed me a replacement.

Only bad thing I can say is you have to wait a while to get in because he has a pretty long backlog. Not uncommon to have to wait a month or so if you have more complicated work you need done .

You will be happy with the results you get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom