FJ80 vs FZJ80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for that reply. Option 2 does sound the easier/cheaper. I'd only do option one if I had found a used supercharge system to install. That said, are head gaskets an issue on both engines? Or just the Z?

Getting rid of the Dakota. Will have $11,000 max to play with. I'm in Washington state near the Idaho border. (Spokane). If you guys know anyone selling, or know someone near me I can drive to get a baseline on road feel...hit me up.

I have a 95 LC with 2" OME lift all heavy duty springsno rear seats totally empty and it really looks like a 6 inch lift.
The $1000 dollar lift is rated to be under 400lb load with the kit I installed, the kits been in for over a year with not a single drive ability problem. Only drawback since truck is empty is little tiny bumps feel like big bumps because trucks not under load. the more weight I put in the softer the ride. Even under load it looks like a 4 inch lift so I am happy with the way it sits. I dont offroad except trail ride here or there. I dont rock crawl, just wanted bigger tires, high lift and stance look at little over 200k miles she runs amazing drive extremely well I have rebuilt the steering knuckles, all new suspension rubber new axle bearings changed pumpkin fluid new head gasket, oil gask, new radiator, new oil cooler,new exhaust $1000, new time chain, new front axles inner and outer, any engine gasket its new new almost all exterior engine components and sensors new.heads been shaved and redone, all 5 rims have been refurbished to original like new, only non stock items are lift and tires, otherwise she should get me another 200,000 easily, drives straight I plant to do more but little as she goes. Mostly pavement use

20170804_204141.jpg

20160602_163556.jpg

I have a 95 LC with 2" OME lift all heavy duty springsno rear seats totally empty and it really looks like a 6 inch lift.
The $1000 dollar lift is rated to be under 400lb load with the kit I installed, the kits been in for over a year with not a single drive ability problem. Only drawback since truck is empty is little tiny bumps feel like big bumps because trucks not under load. the more weight I put in the softer the ride. Even under load it looks like a 4 inch lift so I am happy with the way it sits. I dont offroad except trail ride here or there. I dont rock crawl, just wanted bigger tires, high lift and stance look at little over 200k miles she runs amazing drive extremely well I have rebuilt the steering knuckles, all new suspension rubber new axle bearings changed pumpkin fluid new head gasket, oil gask, new radiator, new oil cooler,new exhaust $1000, new time chain, new front axles inner and outer, any engine gasket its new new almost all exterior engine components and sensors new.heads been shaved and redone, all 5 rims have been refurbished to original like new, only non stock items are lift and tires, otherwise she should get me another 200,000 easily, drives straight I plant to do more but little as she goes. Mostly pavement use

View attachment 1636535

View attachment 1636539
so nice well done

I guess I don't no what to say to something like that except some are so bored they need to put others down in order to feel good about themselves. This isn't Facebook my friend. People here are wanting to communicate with others that have the same interest and have something in common and so what if the thread is 3 years old, everyday new people are viewing these threads looking for information to help them with an issue and ask questions. I am hardly ever on this thread, may go months or a year but I always no that I can come back to see and help if I can by sharing information with others.
My original post here was about the channel runners, where to buy how to replace what kind and how much. I learned from others information I didn't know and helped others with information I had in the process gave an update about my 95LC that's all man don't know what all the fuss is about responding to a 3 year old post, people come and go and come back again.
No need to get all crazy about it.
Were all just people! Its not a competition! You could of just thought those things instead of saying them and you would be a better person for it but instead you had to show us the ugly side of people.
Its all good man live and let live.

I am a proud LC owner, I try to put my money where it counts first, axles, suspension, engine, drive train. Once its a sound and reliable piece of equipment, I can then work on interior/exterior accessories and things like that. The pictures above are my vehicle, my profile pic is what I want my truck to look like when done.
When I bought it every seal leaked I couldn't park in anybody's drive way now not a drop totally dry underneath.

Could not have said it better.

I was with you at first, Spike, but now it's getting entertaining. I'm wondering if they understand how a forum works. :)

I guess I don't no what to say to something like that except some are so bored they need to put others down in order to feel good about themselves. This isn't Facebook my friend. People here are wanting to communicate with others that have the same interest and have something in common and so what if the thread is 3 years old, everyday new people are viewing these threads looking for information to help them with an issue and ask questions. I am hardly ever on this thread, may go months or a year but I always no that I can come back to see and help if I can by sharing information with others.
My original post here was about the channel runners, where to buy how to replace what kind and how much. I learned from others information I didn't know and helped others with information I had in the process gave an update about my 95LC that's all man don't know what all the fuss is about responding to a 3 year old post, people come and go and come back again.
No need to get all crazy about it.
Were all just people! Its not a competition! You could of just thought those things instead of saying them and you would be a better person for it but instead you had to show us the ugly side of people.
Its all good man live and let live.
Thanks , you said what I thought but did not want to engage in a conversation that he wanted . we are all land cruiser lovers and in this insane thing together so again thanks my friend

I am a proud LC owner, I try to put my money where it counts first, axles, suspension, engine, drive train. Once its a sound and reliable piece of equipment, I can then work on interior/exterior accessories and things like that. The pictures above are my vehicle, my profile pic is what I want my truck to look like when done.
When I bought it every seal leaked I couldn't park in anybody's drive way now not a drop totally dry underneath.
same thig here my 80 leaked everywhere , i love how they used o-ring gaskets in most places ! my 80 214,000 on it and has never let me down. they are amazing trucks. I to am on a mission to bring mine back to like new .

Just purchased a 96 LX450 a day ago. 176K one owner California truck. Totally stock. I paid less than 9K which I thought was a steal. PO did an ok job maintaining but not great. Oil leaks he was too cheap to fix, some other skimped areas. It has a new, cheap radiator which worried me about overheating and the resulting HG issue everyone talks about here. But I’ve always loved and wanted the 80 series and have continually owned Toyota 4x4 trucks since 1982 so I’m a believer. Great info here. Thanks to all of you who share your stories and experiences. I find them very valuable.

Just purchased a 96 LX450 a day ago. 176K one owner California truck. Totally stock. I paid less than 9K which I thought was a steal. PO did an ok job maintaining but not great. Oil leaks he was too cheap to fix, some other skimped areas. It has a new, cheap radiator which worried me about overheating and the resulting HG issue everyone talks about here. But I’ve always loved and wanted the 80 series and have continually owned Toyota 4x4 trucks since 1982 so I’m a believer. Great info here. Thanks to all of you who share your stories and experiences. I find them very valuable.
welcome...get a scan gauge to monitor your water temp asap.
Where in California are you located?

welcome...get a scan gauge to monitor your water temp asap.
Where in California are you located?
And, also send in an oil sample to get a baseline and know where you stand. Welcome to the fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom