Help with squeal on front passenger side when i turn left (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone, I'm having a challenge locating the source of a major squeal/scraping noise on the front passenger side of my 2003 LC. So when I turn left (pretty much 90 degree left and the weight of the vehicle shifts to the front driver side tire the squeal and scrape begin. I don't hit turns like that looking for the three wheel motion so I would consider it slow to moderate speed. If I'm going faster it is heard but expedited and higher pitch, less scrape sound and just squeal. So, after googling it extensively i thought it may be my outer wheel bearing. That said, I replaced, the outer and inner wheel bearings in the front on both sides. Still hearing the same noise. That saide can anyone help me maybe if they've had similar. From what I've read here's the shortlist I've gathered from other folk's circumstances:

Brake related - Im pretty sure i have a failied/failing caliper piston onthe outside edge and possibly when the weight shifts to the front passenger side the pad is grinding on the rotor.
Power steering fluid needed
power steering pump beginning to fail
sway bar bushing on front passenger side
Dust shield hitting rotor
CV Joint (although everything i read say that's a clunk not a squeal)
lower ball joints

Let me know if anyone here has encountered this.

Thanks

Last edited:
Normally brake pads siezed in there carrier, or rotor Is corroded on the inside or both.
Sorry can you define the rotor being corroded on the inside. I had it apart yesterday and it looked fine. If the brake is seized and it is a light rub when going straight the shift in weight to the right driver side wheel would result in a intensified squeal and grinding noise. I’m going to go have it checked out today. It’s seen some good east coast bull**** so sooner than later a lot of joints and bushings will have to be replaced. I just want to avoid rolling into work with the squeaky P.o.s....kidding! I don’t think I would give up my Cruiser for a new car of any kind. Unless it was another Cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom