Where is the AHC reservoir on 2016+ LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought a new 2017 LX570 and had a gander under the hood and noticed the AHC reservoir is not there on the passenger side firewall where it used to be on the pre 2016 LX570. Was it moved to a different location?

Also, I noticed whenever the vehicle lowers with the engine off I would hear like a hissing noise and it sounds like air is being let out. Did they change the AHC system from hydraulic to air suspension?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The pre 2016 lx570s have never had the reservoir under the hood. It has always been on the rear passenger side wheel well.

Also, the hissing and lowering is the "Easy Access" feature. It is releasing the pressure built into the shocks back to the reservoir.

Thanks for the reply, but I was probably thinking the reservoir tank that used to be located inside the engine compartment on the passenger side firewall. Was that on the 100 series only?

@CLHickman: So is the hissing sound the release of air or fluid that I am hearing. It sounded more like air so that's why I thought if the AHC was changed to air.

The reservoir under the hood was only on the 100 series. For the 570 they moved it to behind a trapdoor in the rear passenger side wheel well. Maybe to prevent confusion under the hood, accidentally putting brake fluid in the AHC reservoir for example. My 570 makes noise as it lowers, I believe it is just hydraulic fluid. There should be no air in the AHC system.

So do we still have to check the reservoir tank and top off once in a while? And do we also have to change the fluid every few years?

Thanks for the replies fellas.

You can check manually but the 570 will give you a message on the dash that says check AHC fluid if it gets low. Replacing the fluid is a good idea but with yours being new you have quite a few years probably before worrying about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom