TJM in the USA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What is with the TJM USA website? It is basically the Aussie site, with no prices or downloadable product info. I was trying to find some seat covers and I like their universal ones, but seriously, "Enquire" for info and pricing?

LOL, what a joke.

TJM USA

Is TJM still in limbo here?

John Davies
Spokane WA

I stopped by TJM just yesterday and talked to Wes Carter about how things are going. Even though they just recently started the warehouse in El Cajon, CA (just East of San Diego city limit (20 minute drive from downtown San Diegohey are shifting stock to a larger facility for distribution where there will be far greater capacity to actually HOLD/CARRY inventory such as 200 bumpers. They've been in a long, painful transition.

You can definitely call Wes to order items...
-If you want a bumper? I'd suggest calling Slee, as Slee is in touch with Wes & they tend to buy whatever bumpers TJM manages to import during this weird transition time.

These bumpers are no joke... See below: :idea:

IMG_0732.JPG

IMG_0736.JPG

IMG_2128.JPG

Thanks for the info. I don't understand why Wes doesn't have his own very basic website with this info posted, and also a downloadable pdf description and price list for items that he can import. The TJM USA Facebook page is not worth a hoot. When you use the Find a Dealer page on the website, the nearest dealer listed is 14,000 miles away! The whole web setup is an unbelieveable joke, and should be fixed ASAP or just taken down.

At this time I can't begin to consider ordering anything since there is no way to get warranty support or spare parts, nor could I count on their presence here in five years ... or five months.

I only want basic info on some very cool looking seat covers, how hard can that be? I guess I will have to "Enquire".

Anyway, thanks again..... cool bumper, indeed.

John Davies
Spokane WA

Thanks for the info. I don't understand why Wes doesn't have his own very basic website with this info posted, and also a downloadable pdf description and price list for items that he can import. The TJM USA Facebook page is not worth a hoot. When you use the Find a Dealer page on the website, the nearest dealer listed is 14,000 miles away! The whole web setup is an unbelieveable joke, and should be fixed ASAP or just taken down.

At this time I can't begin to consider ordering anything since there is no way to get warranty support or spare parts, nor could I count on their presence here in five years ... or five months.

I only want basic info on some very cool looking seat covers, how hard can that be? I guess I will have to "Enquire".

Anyway, thanks again..... cool bumper, indeed.

John Davies
Spokane WA

I hear ya... It's definitely been a company in transition. However, they are definitely not idle. They just redesigned the T13 for 2016+ and it looks amazing.

Really I think it comes down to two issues.

1. TJM recently sold...
2. They were basically OUT of the US market bumper-wise, and are trying to re-enter, but they are still in the process of establishing logistics, etc. it is NOT easy to do...which is why other bumper manufacturers like Kaymar and other Australian awesomeness NEVER make it over here short of buying there and paying crazy shipping.

If you are patient, TJM makes a good bumper.
If not... Front bumper options for the 200 are finally popping up around here. -Only took 9 years...! :hillbilly:

Do you guys think the TJM front bumper for the 2016+ should fit on a pre facelift?

I don't think so. It appears to base its upper lines on the far-shorter headlight structure...so it looks like it would interfere with our taller light housings.

I don't think so. It appears to base its upper lines on the far-shorter headlight structure...so it looks like it would interfere with our taller light housings.

Got it. Guess that narrows it down to @reevesci 's and if he can get that fat order together in a few months! :clap:

Got it. Guess that narrows it down to @reevesci 's and if he can get that fat order together in a few months! :clap:

You can still get the T13 you see in my photos up above. Just not the more angular version they are making for 2016+...

I do like TrailTailor's front B though...

Wes from TJM was very responsive and they do have a great looking bumper for the '16-'17 model. I was able to get installation instructions as well as pricing through email without any issues. Ultimately, I'm holding off to see what TT comes up with in the front bumper department but have a strong preference for the look of the TJM bumper over the ARB for the face-lifted models.

Did you sort out your front bumper choice? I am looking at the T13 for my 2016. Can you PM me or post contact info for TJM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom