ONSC Chat (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

German with Engrish subtitles:

Hilux Camper vs Portal Axle G Wagon.

And now I know about portal axles and half million dollar carbon fibre G wagon campers.

I have to say it. I like it except - black water tank removal from inside is not ideal. They need the outlet like other RVs versus removing a nasty tank through the interior.

Want more?

Portals on a wagon anyone? Never know when youll have to cross that curb in the way to soccer practice.

Mercedes E-Class All-Terrain 4x4-squared is the wagon of our dreams

IMG_3217.JPG

I have to say it. I like it except - black water tank removal from inside is not ideal. They need the outlet like other RVs versus removing a nasty tank through the interior.
yeah I noticed that too... he called it handy, I thought about all that s*** all over my hands... :)

Last edited:

Being the resident vegan, I'm really looking forward to trying the Impossible Burger, a vegan burger that "bleeds". It's supposed to be nearly indistinguishable from a real beef patty in look, feel, and even taste.

Impossible Foods

EDIT: Haven't tried the Beyond Burger yet. Was thinking of something else. Have been keeping my eye out for it and haven't come across it.

That Cummins 2.8 is sweet.

60/62 with 5 speed manual, 2.8, and cold AC would be a great daily driver.

I wonder what the fuel economy will be.

Cummins 2.8 installed in a 60!! Torfab just finished the first swap into a Land Cruiser that I'm aware of. Wicked cool.

20170724_150548730_ios-jpg.1505060

Cummins R2.8 Conversion build thread

Can't wait to see this at next months meeting, kinda more excited for the 40 that's getting the second engine. Tor did fast work considering I took this picture of the motor on this pallet at the overland rally a little over a month ago.

upload_2017-7-27_12-6-58.png

i'm hoping performance-wise it keeps up with the 2.8 Dmax motor

first bit of rain we have had in the sound area in a while... almost forgot what it looked like.... almost.... anyway... two unique vehicles in a parking lot.

The overland coffee/toyota 4wd owner troopy and the mule expedition truck

upload_2017-7-27_12-15-11.png

Last edited:
Very cool.

Being the resident vegan, I'm really looking forward to trying the Impossible Burger, a vegan burger that "bleeds". It's supposed to be nearly indistinguishable from a real beef patty in look, feel, and even taste.

Impossible Foods

EDIT: Haven't tried the Beyond Burger yet. Was thinking of something else. Have been keeping my eye out for it and haven't come across it.

Looks like little to no Soy, which would be good. Soy makes Man Boobs . . .supposedly :)

Riddle me this, "Batmen"

Why is this the case?

CV Axle

Toyota:
4Runner - $149.99
Tundra - $388.99

Napa:
4Runner - $79.99
Tundra - $89.99

Blah Blah Blah - volume, supply and demand, and blah blah on a small cost difference. As a career pricing analyst and the guy who has set a lot of price points, I find this troubling - especially because it is my truck! :)

I better get used to swapping out my Napa CV's I guess - good for trail repairs practice :)

I've never paid less than $250 for a FJC axle assembly from Toyota. Don't waste your time on Napa axles unless the truck never leaves pavement. I used one once and it didn't last a weekend on the trails.

Riddle me this, "Batmen"

Why is this the case?

CV Axle

Toyota:
4Runner - $149.99
Tundra - $388.99

Napa:
4Runner - $79.99
Tundra - $89.99

Blah Blah Blah - volume, supply and demand, and blah blah on a small cost difference. As a career pricing analyst and the guy who has set a lot of price points, I find this troubling - especially because it is my truck! :)

I better get used to swapping out my Napa CV's I guess - good for trail repairs practice :)

You could always check into pricing with CVJ Axles - CV Axles & Steering Racks for all your needs .........for possibly a middle of the road cost and less constant replacing...but not sure on cost with shipping.

I've never paid less than $250 for a FJC axle assembly from Toyota. Don't waste your time on Napa axles unless the truck never leaves pavement. I used one once and it didn't last a weekend on the trails.

Wow, yea expensive - $342 on a club site :(

You don't want to k ow what a LC cv costs... lol. Check the tujndra boards to see their experiences with the NAPAs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom