I have LC! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haha! I was thinking the same thing and was gonna write something about being a Gyrene on the Rock, etc...

Great vehicle though.

I was going to give "fly boy", and the "squid" a hard time, but decided to ~lay low~ swift.....silent.....and deadly!☠
However, now that you piped in..... it's on!! lol...just kidding!
OP- have you rotated off the rock yet? If you end up anywhere near Camp Lejuene NC shoot me a message, and we can do some wheeling!
Yes, I'm a retired USMC GySgt, Infantary back ground, numerous billets! Last job was as a Co GySgt for the "Warlords" of 2/2. Are you near retirement? Hang in there... you'll be so damn happy to get that pension! At 38 I sat on my front deck, and waved at my neighbors as they drove off to work!! Lol Of course it helps that my wife achieved her Masters Degree while I was still Active and now, she teaches, and I stay home and play "cleaning boy"!
Once again.... sweet rig! Hit me up if you end up on the East Coast..... "I spent many nights at "The Cave" out in Kinville (sinville)..... is the Cave still there?)

I was going to give "fly boy", and the "squid" a hard time, but decided to ~lay low~ swift.....silent.....and deadly!☠
OP- have you rotated off the rock yet? If you end up anywhere near Camp Lejuene NC shoot me a message, and we can do some wheeling!
Yes, I'm a retired USMC GySgt, Infantary back ground, numerous billets! Last job was as a Co GySgt for the "Warlords" of 2/2. Are you near retirement? Hang in there... you'll be so damn happy to get that pension! At 38 I sat on my front deck, and waved at my neighbors as they drove off to work!! Lol Of course it helps that my wife achieved her Masters Degree while I was still Active and now, she teaches, and I stay home and play "cleaning boy"!
Once again.... sweet rig! Hit me up if you end up on the East Coast..... "I spent many nights at "The Cave" out in Kinville (sinville)..... is the Cave still there?)

I'll be moving back to West Virginia initially. They're making a fuss about everything having to go to my home of record. I've got some things to take care of on my property anyways.

Kin hasn't burned down yet, though I'm not sure how. "The Cave" is now off gate 2 street in Kadena. Great place if you want to get into a fight and get NJPd. Shore patrol rolls through every half hour there. I just stay out of it. .03 BAC means there's no reason to party if you have plans the next day.

Sorry, I have to hijack here.

I know Geiger, LeJeune, and French Creek well as an 0311, 0352, 0321, & 8654.

It will be 32 years since I stepped on the yellow footprints.

Semper Fi.

Hijack over.

Sorry, I have to hijack here.

I know Geiger, LeJeune, and French Creek well as an 0311, 0352, 0321, & 8654.

It will be 32 years since I stepped on the yellow footprints.

Semper Fi.

Hijack over.

Only 21 here......0311....0326.....0369...8411

I'll be moving back to West Virginia initially. They're making a fuss about everything having to go to my home of record. I've got some things to take care of on my property anyways.

Kin hasn't burned down yet, though I'm not sure how. "The Cave" is now off gate 2 street in Kadena. Great place if you want to get into a fight and get NJPd. Shore patrol rolls through every half hour there. I just stay out of it. .03 BAC means there's no reason to party if you have plans the next day.

Sounds the same! I don't remember ever NOT seeing a fight in that place, and yea, as a SNCO we had to pull duty as "shore patrol" about once every 60 days or something! Looking back now I told my wife we should move to Oki now! Good job steering clear of that garbage!
That's messed up with your TMO wanting to ship everything to WV! When I retired I was told to claim Cali as my final "destination" because if we had to file unemployment, Cali paid the most!! Oh well, good luck to you in whichever path you choose. Thank you for serving our GREAT country!

Well, got Clyde legally on the road, only a month behind schedule. Found a couple issues.

Back passenger window will not go up or down with any switch
Transmission has a hesitation between 2-3 gear
Oil level gauge reads empty with fresh oil in there
Brakes need some love
Exhaust welds are shoddy, wanted new exhaust anyways
Missing back door speakers, front ines sound great
Front/rear diffs flash
Steering and suspension could use some refreshing
Truck isn't level. Rear is higher by a good bit.

Overall I'm in love.

IMG_1478.JPG

IMG_1479.JPG

IMG_1482.JPG

IMG_1483.JPG

Well, got Clyde legally on the road, only a month behind schedule. Found a couple issues.

Back passenger window will not go up or down with any switch
Transmission has a hesitation between 2-3 gear
Oil level gauge reads empty with fresh oil in there
Brakes need some love
Exhaust welds are shoddy, wanted new exhaust anyways
Missing back door speakers, front ines sound great
Front/rear diffs flash
Steering and suspension could use some refreshing
Truck isn't level. Rear is higher by a good bit.

Overall I'm in love.

View attachment 1428433

View attachment 1428434

View attachment 1428435

View attachment 1428436

oil level gauge? you mean pressure gauge?

diffs flash? this means theyre not engaging. does the Center diff lock? the rear and front cant operate until the center engages. put it into low and see if the center locks in. you might have to let it move forwards a little to get them to drop in. and out. (on loose ground, dont do this on tarmac)

not level. well, iis not far off, certainly not heavily "stinkbug'd" remember you need a little extra at the back unloaded really, otherwise it will sink below horizontal once loaded. we dont like that :)

nice truck btw, factory winch too, rarer than hen's teeth. like those step / sliders too. lucky boy, enjoy

I'd change all of the fluids. I'd pop the cooling line on the trans and run it, pump some out, then top it off. Keep doing that until the fluid comes out looking new.

The oil pressure gauge may just be a simple fix. Check to see if the plug is still on the sensor.

So the diffs and I battled today. Engaged the center, then the rear, locked up lights flashed. No problem.

Front locks, snaps my steering all the way left, won't let me turn from there and wouldn't turn off. Took jacking the front wheels off the ground, wiggling the connector, and banging on the housing, and cycling the switch to get everything fixed.

That's a problem for stateside.

Oil was just changed, levels look good. I'll look for the sensor.

Plan to change all the fluids anyways. Just good business practice.

I asked for the impossible. A triple locked 80 series before 1992 with a winch and a cooler console... all for under market value. I got all of those things. I'm a very happy man. Steps are cool, welding real sliders up once they exhaust is rerouted.

Thanks for the support y'all.

I Miss Okinawa... beautiful Island with great scuba diving. 25 years since I've been there, and still the clearest water I've dove. I would move there full time if given the chance, my wife would be in heaven.

While looking under the truck for some boost issues I'm having I found this gem. Adding it to the list! Good thing I have a lift and NO idea what shocks to run for now.

IMG_1577.JPG

For your rear window issue, pop the switch out of the door panel and make sure it's plugged in, quick and easy to check might be a real simple fix. The signal from the master switch flows through the door switch, so if it's unplugged none of the switches would work.

how many liter / 100km of fuel you have on your 80 with this susspension and tires ?
I have the same upgrade, 4" inch lift and 35" but i think fuel consumtion is too high ...
thanks

how many liter / 100km of fuel you have on your 80 with this susspension and tires ?
I have the same upgrade, 4" inch lift and 35" but i think fuel consumtion is too high ...
thanks

Just about 18L/100km, depending on driving conditions. It's a little inaccurate since my speedometer isn't calibrated, but that figure is with the difference calculated.

For your rear window issue, pop the switch out of the door panel and make sure it's plugged in, quick and easy to check might be a real simple fix. The signal from the master switch flows through the door switch, so if it's unplugged none of the switches would work.

The left rear simply doesn't work. The right rear did work, as of today, it stopped.

I'm just gonna suspect the motors are out. It was really slow before it died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom