New member '78 HJ45 Arkana (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, just signed up and thought I would throw up a few pics of my rig. 1978 Hj45, Was originally an Arkana body but I recently converted to soft top as the roof was pretty rotten. I bought it with the original H motor and four speed but have since fitted a rebuilt 2H, five speed, factory power steering and 60 series rear diff and new suspension so its a pleasure to drive now! future plans are a new rear bar set up with swing aways and jerry holder etc and planning out a removable camper set up for the rear.

Cheers, Greg
photo.JPG
troops.JPG

Welcome to MUD Cribbsy :flipoff2: Good to see another Aussie aboard.

Welcome Greg!! Great truck!!

@Ken White says "Good to see another Aussie"... Its always good to see another Aussie!!

I've been trying to find a copy of Len Beadell's "Too long in the bush", that I could buy without floating a mortgage... If anyone has a legible copy they would like to share, I'll pay shipping to the US and will return it to you, when I've read it.

I was surprised to,learn that our library system doesn't carry his books.

Again, welcome to MUD!!

Hi Danny
The lord works in mysterious ways.
Just by chance I was able to get a copy of To long in the Bush
On private chat send me your details and I will forward the book to you.
Cheers Peter

...via IH8MUD app

Hi Danny
The lord works in mysterious ways.
Just by chance I was able to get a copy of To long in the Bush
On private chat send me your details and I will forward the book to you.
Cheers Peter

...via IH8MUD app

You're too kind Peter!!

We're in a motel, in Farmington, New Mexico, preparing to start the last 280km to our campsite in Colorado.

Since this a Dianna's wash-hair day, I have about 3 hours to wait... So,I was searching the Internet for Len Beadell books... I just found and ordered a set of his first 7 books for (including shipping) $60US!!

Then I went to MUD, where I saw your post!!

I hope you didn't have to buy the book for me... But, if you did, say so and I will buy it from you for my son-in-law.

Thank you so much!!

Regards!!

Hi Guys, haven't logged on for ages but thought I would post up some updates on my 45. I used the old girl as our wedding car last year and then after that I decided to sort the back out to make it a bit more camping friendly! I welded up a canopy frame and got a mate to trim up a new rear canopy to match the existing bimini. Love how it came out. I also made up a small rack to mount the roof tent etc and took off South for our honeymoon. I'm lucky the wife loves camping and 40's! Ive recently picked up a low km 12ht and a set of cable lockers so I guess that's next on the list!
wed.JPG
cage.JPG
troop canvas 2.JPG
trrop canvas.JPG
rame.JPG

Last edited:
pics of 12HT install or didnt happen ;) nice looking 45. man i love em

Ha ha, its next on the list mate. pulling it out of the 61 this weekend

coolio. you wont regret it. ive had my 12HT in my 45 and driven it every day since january 1st, and i just cant believe how awesome it is. and i havent even got my 5 speed yet :D

curious on your load bed, is it directly connected to the cab?

coolio. you wont regret it. ive had my 12HT in my 45 and driven it every day since january 1st, and i just cant believe how awesome it is. and i havent even got my 5 speed yet :D

curious on your load bed, is it directly connected to the cab?

nice! Yeah I cant wait to get it in. Its an Arkana body that has been cut down hence the different back. It had a full troopy style body before

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom