Found it!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

auh

Threads
As you guys know that have followed my few past threads, a nice lady ran a red light and t-boned/totaled my 98 TLC. It had some rust and 252k but it ran so nicely, I was not looking forward to my searching and searching to find a new one.

So having spent a week looking, a nice 99 popped up locally that was in the budget, and had low miles. 2 days before I was going to see it, the owner calls me telling me someone rear-ended him and totaled his truck...my search apparently continues!

Finally, a few days ago, looking at a car website I NEVER look at, I found one for a little more money than the local one. After days of research and finding out everything I could about the truck (because I'm in Chicago, and this one is in Detroit, and I can't travel at the moment since my wife is due with our number 2 this week) I pulled the trigger on this sale. This one is at a dealer, so all the paperwork should go through tomorrow, but I'm soon to be the proud owner of a 2001 LX! I'll post pics when I get it to me. The guy says he buys a lot of cars in Chicago and ships them to his lot for $200 each so he's going to talk to his guy to get it delivered to me for the same price. Hopefully, I'll have it by the end of the week. Then it's going right into the shop to get a new t-belt and water pump.

Reactions: Gus
Congrats on the new rig, and even more so on the soon to be #2!! Exciting all around. The biggest reason I waned a LC was the safety aspect once we had a kid. I wanted to make sure he and the wife were protected with a lot of steel. Not to mention its a pain trying to get a kid in and out of a small sedan.

image.jpg
Best kid rigs ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom