Rubber gasket found in radiator? Help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am about to start the heater T and hose replacement on my 2006 LX470. I pulled the radiator cab off just to take a quick look and found this portion of a rubber type gasket floating in the coolant. Has anyone ever seen this or does anyone have any idea where it may be from?

IMG_0204.jpeg

Its most likely RTV/FIPG squeezed out from where the upper rad hose nipple connects to the water pump. good that you fished it out. who ever put it on may have used a little too much sealant. pic stolen from the net.
9f2ef646-a997-48c2-82bf-1d31dfc6d03a-jpg.461377

Its most likely RTV/FIPG squeezed out from where the upper rad hose nipple connects to the water pump. good that you fished it out. who ever put it on may have used a little too much sealant. pic stolen from the net.
9f2ef646-a997-48c2-82bf-1d31dfc6d03a-jpg.461377

Thank you! Think it will cause any issues going forward?

looks like silicone off one of the four coolant x-over pipes, front or rear. Kind of orange though, could be coolant discolored, or I can't remember what they actuaIly look like. I'd quit driving. Do tees with the intake off and front and rear pipes redo. Should do 4 gaskets. 2 front, 2 rear.
Or do nothing and wait for the coolant smell, or temp/knock sensor codes.

1705174634721.png

Last edited:
Thank you! Think it will cause any issues going forward?
no not from a few little pieces in the system. not a bad idea to do a pressure test after your new tees are in though. maybe check again at a later date and another piece may float to the top of the rad.

Thank all! I think it’s excess RTV/FIPG - I found where it might have come from (same color and material) with what looks to be excess on the outside so I have to imagine there was some on the inside. Hopefully this is all of it but going to do a check again a bit later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom