Found rodent nest in car, seeking some advice. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone!

I just recently purchased a 98 Land Cruiser and have loved it so far and everything has been great. The transfer case shifter was extremely tough to shift and I figured I would take off the center console cover and try to see what's going on down there.

To my surprise I found what looks to be a rodent nest!

There aren't any signs of damage to the wires and everything works properly but I am pretty shocked to say the least.
It looks like the factory carpet insulation material was chewed up pretty bad but im shocked there's even a way for something to get under there.

Planning on taking another look in the daylight tomorrow and setting up some traps.

Anyone else deal with a similar issue and have any tips on how to proceed?

Thanks in advance!

unnamed.jpg

I've used bounce dryer sheets in my RV. They seem to dislike the smell. Also a mixture of cayenne pepper and water, pepper spray, used on and around the frame helps.

The LX I just bought also had a very stiff transfer case shifter. I laid under the truck and sprayed PB Blaster up on the front pivot points of the linkage. I also replaced the gear oil. Two days later it’s smooth and easy. I expect both paths played a part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom