Noob Question. Did I do this right? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_7026.JPG

Mesh should be oriented in a diamond pattern, but that works too.

DSCF6031.jpg

I believe the correct color for the mesh should be orange.

Looks like you may need to adjust the hood bumpstops to align with the mesh. :banana: Job really, I'm sure search will bring up a thread somewhere...

This may help the overheating issues you will have...

Awesome advice. I wasn't sure about trimming the zip ties, wasn't in the FSM , I'm going to Harbor Freight to buy a N-47c Cable Tie Trimmer right NOW!

Are they planning a group buy for these anytime soon?! If so...I'm in!

If the snip tool isnt from Knipex, I won't have it in my garage.

Is that a JDM spec unit? I do think a group buy is in order if you can find us a proxy buyer. This is going on my Christmas list, for sure.

Sorry, it's not JDM spec per say. What it is jdm (lowercase = janky dumb modification.) Moreover, it's an open source mod, so it's free!

I have 75' of green varmit frencing avail for ya'll, (for pick up only). You'll have to supply the zip ties. I'll upload the Toyota logo somewhere. Boom!!! Santa cometh early.

And will it work for brown varmits?

Hi. You're questions are on point and there are nuanced answers that I don't understand, but simply said: green varmit fencing (GVF) is not nessiarily for green or brown varmits. It is more about the class of varmits you're wanting to keep out.

Think of it kinda like blue lock-tite vs red lock-tite. Blue lock-tite ain't fer blue nuts. (Btw- If you have blue nuts, you've either done something very very wrong or you're 16, but that's another thread.)

The real question is what's the diff between GFV vs OVF (orange varmit fencing)? I'll consult the jdm spec sheet and get back to you.

OVF is much more common in these parts. I think either would work, just pick the appropriate parts for you climate and locale.

Update.

Fixed the issue. Thanks to a little part swapage with @HAAANK now have on '94 on the ol'97 Next step, a testors black pearl paint job to get it back in "jdm" spec with the 40th livery. (And maybe locating another '97 grill to trim and fill that gap.)

Btw. Now have spare GVF grill!!! First come first serve.
image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom