CC bushing templates for 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

landtank

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
landtankproducts.com
items are now available through AJIK
OME 3.JPG
SLEE 3.JPG

Last edited:
So, If Im getting this correct you idiot profed the bushing install?

Do you put the template on the arms and drop the bushings in?
Sorry if these are stupid ????s.

It would be interesting to put your template on the bushings that I have all ready installed to see how off I was.

Thanks,

ken

FZJ80kidpen and XXXR have both used the templates for the Slee blue bushings.

What they did was to press the bushings into the template and then put the template with bushings on the arm and press the bushings into place.

I just received a PM from XXXR and he said the he liked the final results with the template better than when without. He has taken caster sweeps both times and saw an improvement.

But aligning the bushings without a template can be challenging to get them the same.

Last edited:
Landtank,

If following the manufacturer install instructions, the OME bushings will give 2* correction and the Slee bushings will give 3* correction, correct? And following your template will increase the correction by 1* in each case? I'm in the process of weighing options to address caster on my truck.

Thanks!

Landtank,
I got your PM. Thanks for doing this since Im finishing up my OME heavy install today.

Landtank,

If following the manufacturer install instructions, the OME bushings will give 2* correction and the Slee bushings will give 3* correction, correct? And following your template will increase the correction by 1* in each case? I'm in the process of weighing options to address caster on my truck.

Thanks!

While the bushings change the axle's position as stated above the result on the alignment rack will be less. I believe this is to do with the fact that as you correct for caster you also better align the spring perches which will result in gaining a little lift afterwards. That gain in lift increases the need for caster so you don't see the full effect as I posted.

A couple of guys who have used the templates seem to get similar results to what is advertised. The real gain with the templates is an easy way to get them in aligned and minimizing the effect of rotating the axle for caster on the drive shaft angles.

Rick,
Got it today!

Reviewed the related thread again. It makes reading sense at this point (for a noob).
Truck is driving close to normal w/o the OME CC bushings that came with the Heavy kit with slight vibrations at lower speeds. Will probably install the yellow CC using your template (which should add more castor correction to the OME CC bringing it closer to 2 (more likely) to 4 next month. Hopefully, I wont need Slees Blue CC bushings. Just very safe defensive driving on my part until then. Most weight I will place on the front will be a winch/dual batts and no plans to increase lift.

paypal sent :)

Got it today, Mucho thanks

Prolly going to be a while before these go in.

ken

Got mine, thanks!

So, if I drop my vehicle off at the 4 wheel center and tell them to use your templete, would it make it easier for them to install the bushings? Or would they know on how to do it!

Or would they get ofended by my actions if I take the template!

jmho
It would help all parties involved to give them the template, Hey anything to those guys jobs eaiser .

ken

The template makes it easier to install the bushings and to get both sides the same. The other thing is that these templates rotate the axle on it's center which keeps it in place in relation to the arms. This would be extremely difficult to do this any other way.

The only way to screw up the install with these templates is to get the orientation wrong, which there is an arrow pointing to the front of the truck for that purpose.

You've got cash. Just sent 10 your way.

Thanks,

B.

requesting copy of OME bushing template.

payment sent through paypal and PM sent.

Thanks,

sam

Paypal sent.

Don't bother installing CC bushes without one

Big thanks to Rick for:

1) An excellent product that fool-proofs the bushing install and keeps the front axle straight and true.

2) Sorting out a minor problem (wrong template sent) quickly and without any hassle.

These must be a very low profit item, but are a great service to the 80 series community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom