AC question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Baselining the truck I’ve had for the last 8 years to get it back in tip top shape.

Pulled cooling box, cleaned and changed out the expansion valve (denso) and dryer(Delco) yesterday. Put a small amount of lubricant on each oring during install. Brother came over and pulled a vacuum on the system and everything held. Started the truck with the ac on and started filling the system. Used one can of Freon with oil and then a can and a half of regular Freon(we weighing it as we went). Compressor never kicked on. Checked pressure and we had zero Freon in the system and needless to say, I wasn’t happy.

Going back over today.. question- do I need to pull everything again? I know I had tightened everything down, as I double checked it before installing it. We never heard or saw any Freon leaking and there were no smells inside the truck. I’m kinda at a loss at the moment and any suggestions would be helpful.

**Pic of my truck with new ARB installed. Interior pic awaiting new carpet and

5F09B033-B234-4353-A4A0-6E39E63EE3E1.jpeg

D1F1E38D-4697-4263-BCFE-8E4DEF76A798.jpeg

Update: pulled and checked all connections and replaced orings. Oring at expansion valve was cut and leaking. Pulling a vacuum now and will update again later

Make sure when you connect up the vacuum pump that you keep it going for a few (3 or more) hours. You need to boil off any moisture in the system and that can take some time.

Make sure when you connect up the vacuum pump that you keep it going for a few (3 or more) hours. You need to boil off any moisture in the system and that can take some time.
Just finished up and I’m seeing this now We pulled a vacuum for 45 mins and let it sit for 45 mins. Filled it up and it’s working great. It’s 81 degrees and humid af. Getting 51 degrees at the vent.

04429C09-CA2D-4AAE-AF55-922FCAA87DD7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom