66 45 swb. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need the tail light brackets (mounts) for a 66 FJ45 short bed.
If anyone knows someone with some, please let me know.

Tail light.gif

Good luck! I have been looking for a set for years now. I am planning using some round 40 series lights to make something similar looking.

A couple of things:

I think I can get a machined version of the mount but the inner "wire shield" is going to need to be stamped.
That said, I'm going to get a price on a run of 20, First I need the tail lights (on order)...

What middle light are you referring to?

Tail light.gif

FJ45L 64 SPRING GREEN PU web ready020.jpg

Are you saying you have found the actual tail light for sale? I’ve never seen one in person so I’m WAG’ing it…is the light the same as the earlier one found on the bumper as seen on the brown truck?

I know someone who has the lights removed from their truck currently and I’ll ask if they’ll provide dimensions for us. Their lights aren’t for sale.

Maybe one of the experts can chime in?

24D7F00A-C5FB-4954-9F36-1CFD7027FF0A.jpeg

A0989E0B-644F-483C-BBC9-EDABA7592001.jpeg

Last edited:
It is the same as the 64-68 FJ40 taillight. Available from several MUD vendors. 😉

I have 2- p/n 148-01A on order from SOR. They say they're in stock...so s/b here Friday or so.

It would be helpful to get the dimensions, also maybe find out what the tail light bolts to...

Tail light screen shot.gif

I would think that these could be reproduced fairly easy with metal/aluminum spinning. Once a "Buck" or "Mandrel" is created, just form them up in a lathe.
I actually learned how to do this in high school metal shop!

I would think that these could be reproduced fairly easy with metal/aluminum spinning. Once a "Buck" or "Mandrel" is created, just form them up in a lathe.
I actually learned how to do this in high school metal shop!

You mean we could make them THICKER, so they didn’t get banged up so easy! What a concept! Love it!

Well, if you want to speculate…
Based on quotes I have been given for my aluminum fan spacers (which I offer)
and my harmonic balancer add-on pulley (which I don’t)…

I’d put a WAG group-buy price point for the four pieces (2 inners, two outers) at $300.

You could start by contacting CVF racing, the ones that make the water pump pulleys, since they seem to have SOME interest in Landcruisers.

I have 2- p/n 148-01A on order from SOR. They say they're in stock...so s/b here Friday or so.

It would be helpful to get the dimensions, also maybe find out what the tail light bolts to...

View attachment 2924818

If yours have not arrived yet, I’m happy to grab measurements. We have 50+ in stock too!

Speaking of tail lights... I shared this pic recently comparing the sizes of lights found BJT-40 Series.

A50D6B37-07DD-403E-A9E3-9929F7990258.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll have 4 for sale at $150.00 each (includes the tail light).
Nice job, I would be interested in set when they are ready. I sent you a pm.

For the inside the bed taillight cover I have been planning to use the cone shape cover off the back of the one piece transfer case boxes. I have been planning on cutting the flange off and welding on a new round flange.

A7E1611B-741E-4B14-B08F-5CBAF18F392F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom