Is Getting 1HD Parts in the US Viable/Convenient? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone know anything about this? Go try to order something, for sun…
Ive never bought a nut or bolt off Toyota. They are all available in standard metric sizes from nut and bolt shops for a 1/3 of the price and they are sitting on the shelf when you get there.

Ive never bought a nut or bolt off Toyota. They are all available in standard metric sizes from nut and bolt shops for a 1/3 of the price and they are sitting on the shelf when you get there.
I'm the reverse, I always buy new nuts and bolts when I do work on my 80. I'm mostly ordering from partsouq, and through them the hardware is almost always less than $1 a piece. Getting them from Toyota I guarantee they're the correct length and hardness rating for the job, and usually the cost of the replacement hardware is peanuts when you're dropping money on replacement parts. More convenient than trying to clean up the old hardware, or hunt for matching replacements halfway through a job.

Really sucks if they're trying to block local dealers from ordering parts. Just going to push more people online and hurt all the local dealers. I've already almost totally switched to partsouq because of costs.

I just tried to order a bolt, 91619-61245 to be precise, which is the lower bolt on the starter in my HDJ81. My local dealer, who is always been a friend to the cruiser heads in our area, pulled it up and his computer spat back “land cruiser specific, not ordereable”. (Not an exact quote.) Both of us said WTF?! So I grabbed the vin off a friend’s 2000 Camry, which uses this bolt on the bell housing, and walked him through the diagrams to it. Guess what, computer says the same thing. So, you can’t order Camry parts in Canada, if they also fit an LC?

My pet theory is that the 2-3 Toyota dealers in Canada who have a special exclusive arrangement with Mr. T to sell brand new 70 series trucks, converted for mine use, must have written a nasty gram to Toyota due to other dealers selling parts to their customers without the heinous markup they normally enjoy. So someone in Toyota said “make that stop”, an order which was implemented with a simple database query for parts used on LCs without thought to how many parts, like my bolt, which are used throughout the Toyota lineup and over decades.

I assume this situation will quickly be resolved for the poor Camry owners, but I’m concerned that it will be permanent for actual LC parts that are not used on anything sold in Canada.

Does anyone know anything about this? Go try to order something, for sun…

A.
It's $1.28 from Partsouq.com

And postage and time waiting?
Partsouq will get it to your door in a week or less. I've had packages arrive here in Australia in two days, which is quicker than posting across the street. Postage costs are reasonable, but you'll want to order a decent kit of things together to make it worth it. Obviously not as convenient as walking into the dealer if you just need one bolt, but if you plan ahead that can usually be avoided.

And postage and time waiting?
Reasonable and fast. Except during and shortly after Eid. :D

I order a lot from them with shipping to the US and to KSA. Almost always less than a week. And typically I build up an order over a few days before ordering to help on shipping costs but I honestly find them as cheap or cheaper than shipping within the US (except with Amazone Prime which is free).

lol very true. I had two large orders I placed while they were off. Suppose I'm about to find out just how long the backlog takes to get through.
Not to one up you but I have 5 paid that are processing. Only one was a large order ($800), the others are much smaller. For some reason they were getting 1 of a part I was looking for over the last week so I kept placing orders that were a bit smaller than normal but in looking they range from around $80 to $250. It normally takes them a few days to catch up.

Guys, what @carbon60 bring on the table is more related to the difficulty to order part that may also fit Landcruiser. The bolt is a pretext to lead the problem into this topic. Not “the problem” itself.

Guys, what @carbon60 bring on the table is more related to the difficulty to order part that may also fit Landcruiser. The bolt is a pretext to lead the problem into this topic. Not “the problem” itself.
Exactly.

I order all kinds of stuff from Partsouq, all the time. But my dealer has generally been next-day for almost everything not diesel-specific, though often significantly more than Partsouq. (Except for simple heavy things, like rotors, where they are way cheaper than Partsouq.)

Regarding fasteners: in my experience, fasteners from Toyota are the same price as the local nuts and bolts place, but have significantly better corrosion resistance.

Regarding fasteners: in my experience, fasteners from Toyota are the same price as the local nuts and bolts place, but have significantly better corrosion resistance.

I buy mine from a commercial supplier. They can be ordered with the anodised coating. 15 minute walk from my place and pass a dealer on the way lol

1627390266807.png

My local dealer let me know the famous bolt order finally went through yesterday and was delivered today. We also checked a bunch of other parts and they now all show as being available, so it looks like Mr. T fixed the issue!

My local dealer let me know the famous bolt order finally went through yesterday and was delivered today. We also checked a bunch of other parts and they now all show as being available, so it looks like Mr. T fixed the issue!
So Diesel stuff available again or just the stuff that's like the Camry issue?

I was able to get a couple fuel filters for my 1HD-T from the local Toyota dealer just a month or so ago.

Well, I just tried to order 90385-19003 [BUSH(FOR REAR SHOCK ABSORBER)] and Toyota wouldn't allow it. Lexus shows it order-able, however, because it fits the LX450 in Canada. I didn't call the Lexus parts desk to confirm due to lack of time.

I'd like to get one for a trip I'm about to leave on, so I think I'll check for an aftermarket part and see if I get lucky.

I'd like to get one for a trip I'm about to leave on, so I think I'll check for an aftermarket part and see if I get lucky.
It fits these models also and more

It was being used until 2015 .

90385-19003 Bush Shock Absorber suitable for Hilux Landcruiser 19mm ID​

$1.85​

Weight: 0.02 kg

Price
$1.85 stock item

New Aftermarket
9038519003 shock absorber cone type bush suitable for Hilux and Landcruiser models with 19mm ID

Suits:

Bundera
LJ70 RJ70 10/84-7/92 rear lower & rear upper

Hilux GGN15 GGN25 KUN16 KUN26 KZN165 LN65 LN106 LN107 LN111 LN167 LN172 RN105 RN106 RN110 RZN169 RZN174 TGN16 VZN167 VZN172 YN65 YN67 8/83- rear lower & rear upper

Landcruiser FJ60 FJ62 HJ60 HJ61 8/80-12/89 front lower & 10/85-12/89 rear lower & rear upper

Landcruiser BJ70 BJ73 BJ74 FJ70 FJ73 FJ75 FZJ70 FZJ75 HJ75 HZJ70 HZJ73 HZJ75 PZJ70 PZJ73 11/84-7/99 front lower

Landcruiser BJ70 BJ73 BJ74 FJ70 FJ73 FJ75 FZJ70 FZJ75 FZJ78 FZJ79 HDJ78 HDJ79 HJ75 HZJ70 HZJ73 HZJ75 HZJ78 HZJ79 PZJ70 PZJ73 VDJ76 VDJ78 VDJ79 11/84- rear lower & rear upper

Landcruiser FJ80 FZJ80 FZJ105 HDJ80 HZJ80 HZJ105 1/90-8/07 rear lower

Prado KZJ95 RZJ95 VZJ95 4/96-8/02 rear lower

4Runner LN60 LN61 YN60 YN63 3/84-3/89 rear lower & rear upper

4Runner LN130 RN130 VZN130 YN130 8/89-10/95 rear lower

Surf KZN130 KZN185 LN130 RZN185 VZN130 VZN185 YN130 4/89-9/02 rear lower

I have been getting parts from the UAE, Australia, Canada and Great Britain without issue for 3 years now. you just have to have a good maintenance plan and order things ahead of time
Did you have any contacts for breakers in the UAE or Great Britain? I’m after a part that only came out in their RHD cruisers and would love a solid lead.

Did you have any contacts for breakers in the UAE or Great Britain? I’m after a part that only came out in their RHD cruisers and would love a solid lead.
Mine is a JDM spec, what part are you searching for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom