I have a 3B Block that I want to rebuild need help with parts im ordering! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 3B Block that I want to start a fresh rebuild on. I am having a hard time making sure I am ordering the correct parts. All parts are going to be purchased from CRUISERPARTS.NET

Here is the serial# on the block
TOYOTA 11411-58040

I believe its a later model engine but not sure. Here is the list of the items i plan to purchase I just dont know if these are correct to install inside the engine:

Gasket Set

Sleeve Set

Clutch:

Connecting Rod bearings: STD

Piston Rings STD

Crankshaft Bearings STD

Head Gasket

Cam Bearings STD

Please let me know if this is correct, and I also want to know what engine I have so I am looking up the correct tolerances and build guide.

Thank you

-Anthony W

I'm in the process of ordering the same stuff. Have you taken it to a machine shop? I know my crank needed a bit of work and will be needing oversized bearings to dial it all in properly again. Also, when it comes to Cruiser Parts, I would call them and see if they actually have it. My experience with them is they rarely have everything they display on their website (YMMV). I tend to look at them as a last resort at this point. I ordered my stuff through Dan at 4 Wheel Auto in Canada (some of it is on back order currently). But they were super helpful and can look up your VIN to get you dialed in properly.

A couple other notes, that number is the block cast part number and not the serial number. The serial number will be on the block on the intake side, and if I remember correctly you look down in between the manifold legs closest to the cab. Also have you looked into the head yet? They are prone to cracks and are also non existent so you may want to start with that.

Last edited:
Just looking at your shopping list a little more carefully, if you are getting new sleeves then I would go for new pistons & wrist pins as well. Have you checked out Amayama ?

Just looking at your shopping list a little more carefully, if you are getting new sleeves then I would go for new pistons & wrist pins as well. Have you checked out Amayama ?
Can you send a link? I just got the land cruiser on 1/8/21 I’m new to cruisers and these engines

I'm in the process of ordering the same stuff. Have you taken it to a machine shop? I know my crank needed a bit of work and will be needing oversized bearings to dial it all in properly again. Also, when it comes to Cruiser Parts, I would call them and see if they actually have it. My experience with them is they rarely have everything they display on their website (YMMV). I tend to look at them as a last resort at this point. I ordered my stuff through Dan at 4 Wheel Auto in Canada (some of it is on back order currently). But they were super helpful and can look up your VIN to get you dialed in properly.

A couple other notes, that number is the block cast part number and not the serial number. The serial number will be on the block on the intake side, and if I remember correctly you look down in between the manifold legs closest to the cab. Also have you looked into the head yet? They are prone to cracks and are also non existent so you may want to start with that

This thread might be helpful to you.

I’ll get going on inspecting the heads. I have 3 total. All look to be in good shape

I would make sure to have it properly checked with magnaflux. Sometimes they are really faint. My head had cracks between every valve and another near the precup. None were obvious till I had totally scrubbed and degreased and some showed up with the magnaflux. I also had pretty good compression numbers. Either way it is good peace of mind to take it to a shop and have it totally checked. I think the engine shop charged $50 to hot tank and magnaflux it. Getting the head welded and machined on the other hand was significantly more ;).

This thread might be helpful to you.
Thank you I’ll take a look.

I would make sure to have it properly checked with magnaflux. Sometimes they are really faint. My head had cracks between every valve and another near the precup. None were obvious till I had totally scrubbed and degreased and some showed up with the magnaflux. I also had pretty good compression numbers. Either way it is good peace of mind to take it to a shop and have it totally checked. I think the engine shop charged $50 to hot tank and magnaflux it. Getting the head welded and machined on the other hand was significantly more ;).
Just the head or should I take my block in as well? I have three heads so might as well take them all in to find the keeper.

Just the head or should I take my block in as well? I have three heads so might as well take them all in to find the keeper.
You might consider taking the block and crank as well as that will help with ordering the bearings you'll need incase the crank needs work. How did you end up with 3 heads? All used? You may want to look at the exhaust valve side as there are a few size options. If you have one with the larger exhaust valve side that is usable, I'd use that one.

When I take the engine in do I need to take them specifications or data sheets on the engine or can the machinist determine all of that Information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom