Wheeling? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like I'm free this Saturday. Anyone up for hitting some trails? I'm good with Sooke/Cowichan/Nanaimo....

Although I admit I have not been out enough recently to know whats open and whats not. Might require a bit of exploring to find ways in/out etc.

Sounds like the smoke will be cleared by then, and local fire hazard probably not too bad with this rain we've had.

IMG_20171029_153459250.jpg

Looks like I'm free this Saturday. Anyone up for hitting some trails? I'm good with Sooke/Cowichan/Nanaimo....

Although I admit I have not been out enough recently to know whats open and whats not. Might require a bit of exploring to find ways in/out etc.

Sounds like the smoke will be cleared by then, and local fire hazard probably not too bad with this rain we've had.

View attachment 2437360
I'm back to work Friday so I canna. I need a vacation from my vacation anyways. :bang:

None for me for a while, I have a whole windshield frame to rebuild.. Why are all shops so bad! You can actually see the spacing of the pry marks in the frame from when the last windshield was replaced.

09275AB6-11D8-40A3-A7B7-AAF3F5E85CA3.jpeg

None for me for a while, I have a whole windshield frame to rebuild.. Why are all shops so bad! You can actually see the spacing of the pry marks in the frame from when the last windshield was replaced.

Ah man, that's a drag. Hope you can get it all cleaned up ok. I have to do mine too, and I've been putting it off for over a year already for this reason.

Ah man, that's a drag. Hope you can get it all cleaned up ok. I have to do mine too, and I've been putting it off for over a year already for this reason.
Sh!te...

I’ve got a smaller sheet metal brake that you’re welcome to borrow if it’d help. I’ll need to do mine one day also. It looks like a can of worms... probably not that bad, but I’m kinda afraid to open it.

Last edited:
Now that I've got my cooling issue fixed I'd love to hit my first trails. Not sure when though my work absolutely took off, Sunday is my only guaranteed day off and I'll probably sleep most of that and catch up for working next week

Now that I've got my cooling issue fixed I'd love to hit my first trails. Not sure when though my work absolutely took off, Sunday is my only guaranteed day off and I'll probably sleep most of that and catch up for working next week

Sounds good. Can try again another time!

Pretty sure I can make any one of the next few Saturdays work.... If anyone has any interest in exploring trails these days, let me know....

IMG_20171029_113232202.jpg

Last edited:
Wheeled last weekend to a new cabin and a very old cabin. Great day
E9BB4630-ED57-449C-8B1D-6CBD2573F638.jpeg
A7A39387-057D-4047-BF14-096F2B6353A3.jpeg
95FF4B38-7CB0-4092-A1F4-E6492ADEF5EF.jpeg

Nice! Do you still have an 80 Rob?

Yes I do Nick, Matthew was having issues with his purple extra cab so we parked it at the high way and I let him and his lady friend drive it for the rest of the day.
Jumped in with my buddy Adam and did the rest of the ride with him.

My BJ42 never put insuranced on it this year, feeling a little bad for not running the little rig. The 81 series is so comfy and quiet.

Last edited:
My BJ42 never put insuranced on it this year, feeling a little bad for not running the little rig. The 81 series is so comfy and quiet.

Well, the 42 is something pretty special; better to beat on the 81 anyhow! :hillbilly:

Back now. Ran the S & N Canol roads both ways. Was rudely kicked out of
NWT for not having a 14 day isolation plan, uh, no one for the next 233 miles?!? Swept the racks off
on an ATV trail, glad I didn’t have the tent on. I slept on a cot in the back, I won’t be going back
to the roof tent. Only thing to deal with will be bugs next year. Explored as many side trails and mines
as possible. Most pics on camera. I used the CanadaTopo App for giggles, it allowed me to create
tracks and the coolest part was the very accurate altitudes for the mountain passes.

4FE1B35F-4E22-4888-A925-AF26CC493EF1.jpeg
D7BD5D01-DDE0-4C17-B7B3-0A8EA0C0D5BA.jpeg
14962C3B-EB74-484C-90A5-B05DF3284F13.jpeg
D72CE0F9-ECDD-4ED1-AFC9-3C24466DCED7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom