200 series picture thread (49 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

45 minutes from San Diego...just a bit ago...

77AE5C33-C268-4EB7-B711-E9DF31F6E4A0.jpeg

BE2AE3B5-2623-4EC0-9BC6-75A6FBA69715.jpeg
EABBA3C9-CF3F-4C88-8D00-86588ECB69FE.jpeg

Oh, and of course... :hillbilly:

DFF1F58F-63A4-4EF3-B936-3AF074ECA059.jpeg

Last edited:
TIRES? I expected no less. That last shot is calendar material. I elected to not play with the crowds today. Besides I grew up in snow and shoveled tons of it for spending money.

TIRES? I expected no less. That last shot is calendar material. I elected to not play with the crowds today. Besides I grew up in snow and shoveled tons of it for spending money.

Snow drama related to above photos...
While pulling a guy out of a (very harmless looking...but a wheel spinner) ditch on a residential offshoot near the tiny visitor center...more and more vehicles both above us and below us kept showing up and also getting stuck...blocking our exit.
FOUR other drivers got stuck!!!
It was like an episode of Benny Hill!

They kept coming down around the same curve...hitting the same ice and soft-snow ditch. Twas comical after a while...like herding cats x100.

Got every one of them out...
4 with Maxtrax and last one with the winch.

All happy to be helped until...

...some crazy (Crystal meth? ) local came and blocked our exit and that of two others we had just freed...swearing and cursing before uttering even a “what happened!” So he just went into screaming fit at the only guy actually clearing his road (me). By the way...one of the stuck trucks was his neighbor, a local resident...but he had already left.

So anyway... I calmly informed him that he was yelling at the ONLY dude trying to help and maybe he should ask what’s up before going all psycho...

But meh... he just rolled up his window...continued to scream...and refused to budge. I was about ready to walk up and find a ranger when he finally backed out and we didn’t see him again.

Weeeeee!
Fun times!
:meh: :rofl:

Ps. Unfortunately, I was too busy to take a photo. Will ask wifey, but she walked off with the dog...who thot it was all a hoot! lol We’ll see...

Last edited:
Where were you?

Sunrise Highway... on a side road that leads to a residential area... just next to the tiny visitor center up there near the highest point on that road.

great you get cold,wet and probably dirty as they set in their cars hopelessly spinning their tires all toasty. AhI know where that is

But back to photos... ;)

AE2FE667-6C3B-4485-8376-2282A57ADB82.jpeg
23C906F0-95AD-4B36-958E-B703F8A8A9F7.jpeg
EB98A2E8-9720-4AE3-9141-47DFBF95C8A9.jpeg

Shout out to @Eric Sarjeant for his help on building out my new LC200. I've been researching and loving the LCs for years and finally decided to pull the trigger. Couldn't be happier! Loving this thing so far, not even 1 week in :)

Lift - OME 51
Prinsu Rack
TRD Tundra Wheels
Nitto Ridge Grapplers 305/65/18
Full Ceramic Coat
Slee Sliders
Chrome Delete
Under Body Rock Lights

View attachment 2145163

View attachment 2145164

My god, you did this one great!

Took the Cruiser took Big Bend National Park and Big Bend Ranch SP the weekend before Thanksgiving.

I was there a day after you. Love that place. Did you do Black Gap road?

Sunny San Diego County... :meh: :hillbilly:
999EAE9F-D395-485A-9406-FB6228EEFC78.jpeg

Sunrise Highway... on a side road that leads to a residential area... just next to the tiny visitor center up there near the highest point on that road.
I grew up in San Diego. I liked to go up to the Laguna's in the winter. I would take a back road up, I think it was Kitchen Creek if I remember right. This was back in the late 70s. I had a GMC short bed 4x4 back then.

I was there a day after you. Love that place. Did you do Black Gap road?
Unfortunately, I didn't. I was in a group with other vehicles that weren't capable enough for that one. I've been visiting BBNP for years and still haven't made it to BG. Next time!

We did explore BBRSP some. The wheeling out there is awesome. Did you make it out that way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom