Mark's Off Road Warehouse Fire Thread (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Non-US spec F155:

Man, I've got to say the light-box really takes photos to a whole new level. That looks like something right out of the SOR catalog, only better!

Man, I've got to say the light-box really takes photos to a whole new level. That looks like something right out of the SOR catalog, only better!

I’ve got to give a little thanks to @RAGINGMATT for gently pushing me to the next level. The work has been at that level for years, just not the pics to show it. Even the stuff for @DSB345 was stunning, but I had to use HIS pics for my website; mine were just so-so.

Now I know I’ll never hear the end of it from Matt about what I could do with a ‘real’camera. :rolleyes:

Funny, that was my next question, if you were using the phone/iPad ...

I’ve got to give a little thanks to @RAGINGMATT for gently pushing me to the next level. The work has been at that level for years, just not the pics to show it. Even the stuff for @DSB345 was stunning, but I had to use HIS pics for my website; mine were just so-so.

Now I know I’ll never hear the end of it from Matt about what I could do with a ‘real’camera. :rolleyes:
Funny, that was my next question, if you were using the phone/iPad ...

@crustycruise , your D40 is basically done. I just have to hunt up a return spring for you; the one on this carb was missing. Fuel bowl was warped, choke and throttle linkage not installed properly, step up rod mangled, yada, yada.

Last edited:
Ha.
Smoke and mirrors.

You have a triple A reputation Mark.
There is nothing wrong with blowing your own horn.

Marks New light Box inspired me to give My Own version a 2019 update.............

Thanks Mark ! :)

DSCN6640.JPG
DSCN6639.JPG

Coming up in the skunkworks- a new vehicle in the stable.

As I was telling @3_puppies on the phone last night, the last nine months have been a progressive adventure with Tina, my girl with the kaleidoscope eyes. We had a lot of time to talk on the drive back from Chicago. About everything. She more or less told me to count her out as far as doing any more driving on our trips. It settled in on me that the largest part of my reluctance about purchasing a motorhome was that she would not drive it. But if she was giving up, it was more a less a clean slate: just about what I wanted to drive.

So I mulled it over. And mulled it some more. And some more. Time passed, and we tent camped out of the back of the Colorado a few times. And talked some more.

Then last week, while we were hosting a home invasion party out in the desert, the realization that we have three more parties to attend in the next two months made me realize that the time had come to pull the trigger on something.

But, regardless of what she said, I could not pull the trigger on a motorhome. It would be a silent signal that I had joined her in giving up. So I bought a van conversion, something more comfortable than the Suburban we let go of last summer [all three Suburbans had been hers] but still small enough to retain some hope of her piloting occasionally.

She is VERY happy about it...and cautiously optimistic. That in itself lets me know my hunch was right.

Last edited:
Look super clean, I like it!
Straight 6 or V8?

350. In the first of what may turn out to be many karmic coincidences, I was going to post on Craigslist our leftover starter and serpentine belt from the ‘97 Suburban we donated to charity last year. Apparently they are the same for the ‘95 van. So they will be the first two spares in my new box when it gets built.

Hope to start work on the new platform on Sunday.

#vanlife

That's awesome Mark.

My :princess: and I have been vanning for several years now. She is a former tent camper that got to the point where tents didn't cut it anymore. The van ticks all the boxes for her.

We will be traveling near your place next Jan-Feb and will be sure to drop by. Or meet up in DV for a few days. :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom