RTIC coolers 20% off (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pretty sure I saw these at Costco a month ago. Went to buy one before my last Sierra trip and poof...GONE!

Pretty sure I saw these at Costco a month ago. Went to buy one before my last Sierra trip and poof...GONE!

I don't think they sell them at any stores, they are online based. I'm not 100% on that.

I don't think they sell them at any stores, they are online based. I'm not 100% on that.
I could be wrong on the brand but it was a roto molded cooler for $150. Looked just like these, but they're gone.

ugh, guess this was a flash sale...no discount.

They are 20% off again. Did some research...bought the 110 blue last night.

Whelp...it's here! 110 quart roto-molded cooler. Initial impression is good. Heavy construction with nice lid, bear proof lock holes, nice rubber latches, rope handles, and anti-slip rubber feet. Never had a pelican or yeti. Previous large cooler was a Costco special igloo...the RTIC is waaaaay better than that. Black decals on front is just a sticker and gasket on lid could be better constructed...would easily swap an actual freezer gasket if it ever falls off. Other than that, for $300 on a 110 quart cooler it's a solid unit for the price.

RTIC coolers are great. They are local to me and I've been in their warehouse a few times for scratch and dent sales. My rtic 45 is identical to my yeti 65, just different molding for the logo. Yeti is a marketing empire with great products and a cult following. Rtic is priced right.

ETA I also have an rtic soft 30 and medium duffle. Both of those are great and get used all the time.

Last edited:
RTIC coolers are great. They are local to me and I've been in their warehouse a few times for scratch and dent sales. My rtic 45 is identical to my yeti 65, just different molding for the logo. Yeti is a marketing empire with great products and a cult following. Rtic is priced right.

ETA I also have an rtic soft 30 and medium duffle. Both of those are great and get used all the time.

Biggest difference I see between the Yeti and RTIC is the lack of bear proof certification of the RTIC.

Not a major sticking point for the vast majority of people. There are some places near me that require bear proof containers for your food, and the RTIC may not meet those standards. Thus requiring you to store your cooler inside your camper or vehicle. It probably wouldn’t work for floating the Smith either.

Biggest difference I see between the Yeti and RTIC is the lack of bear proof certification of the RTIC.

Not a major sticking point for the vast majority of people. There are some places near me that require bear proof containers for your food, and the RTIC may not meet those standards. Thus requiring you to store your cooler inside your camper or vehicle. It probably wouldn’t work for floating the Smith either.
Not bear proof? IDK...same two padlock holes in the same spot as Yeti...maybe they didn't get certified because there's a picture of a bear on the front. Gonna get tested out in the wild in a few weeks. Mine's off to Death Valley then Coachella where it's super hot and there's lots O' hot thirsty girls...we'll see if it's hot thirsty girl certified :hmm:

Not bear proof? IDK...same two padlock holes in the same spot as Yeti...maybe they didn't get certified because there's a picture of a bear on the front. Gonna get tested out in the wild in a few weeks. Mine's off to Death Valley then Coachella where it's super hot and there's lots O' hot thirsty girls...we'll see if it's hot thirsty girl certified :hmm:

I’m not saying it’s not bear proof, just not certified bear proof.

I think the Yeti has a small metal flange in the lock hole area.

Pics are required for the O’hot thirsty girls!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom