Help! Loss of all accessory power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
I have a 00 Land cruiser that will turn over and start but will not shift in to gear as I have no power to instrument panel, radio, power locks or windows etc. I can over ride the shifter and drive it in limp mode. I did check all fuses and the only one blown was under dash labledbpower. It was replaced but still no go. I also just replaced the ignition switch, still nothing...please help! I leave to go out of town tomorrow!

You say you checked fuses, but did you also check relays? For example, the ACC relay? You should be able to remove it and put a temporary jumper pins 3 and 5 according to 2004 EWD) in to see if that makes things work. I don't have my 2000 EWD with me. Does your rear wiper work? If not, that could indicate your IG1 NO 2 relay may not be working, which also powers the cluster gauges.

You said power windows aren't working, according to the 2004 EWD they each have their own fuse, so unlikely you blew all of them, but all those fuses trace back to the fusible link at the battery. If you can't get to that fusible link easily, but you have a multimeter/voltmeter, you can remov a power window fuse and test for voltage there, if no power lresent, you know it's something with your fusible link.

Really almost need to use the 2000 EWD and start tracing to see where you do and don't have power.

Check those fuses again. You may want to replace them even though they look OK. I have had two do this. One was fog lights and one that controls gauge lights and parking/license plate lights that wasn't blown. The links for both were still intact. I replaced them with a new fuses and it solved the problems.

We got it figured out last night. I was pulling my hair out trying to get to the root of this issue. When Chad was driving back to the shop after getting tires, he got no power to accessories when turning the key to ACC or ON, but the car would start fine. We checked all of the fuses, but not carefully enough. There is an AM2 fuse under the driver side underhood fusebox that was blown which sends power to the GAUGE, RADIO, and other accessories in the vehicle. We double checked these fuses and finally found one with a very small crack. Hope this helps somebody in the future.

It’s probably a good idea to start with a replacement fuse anytime you have a loss of power to a circuit. These trucks are getting old, things are going to wear out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom