Pyle PLMR86B (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator
Threads
Anyone know anything about this head unit?

Pyle PLMR86B Product Ratings And Reviews at OnlineCarStereo.com

I'm looking at replacing the head unit in my 60, don't really care that it does not have a CD player. I can use a thumb drive or MP3 player if I want.

I just want a solid no nonsense head unit for a truck that gets dusty/dirty and can take the abuse.

for that price seems like you have very little to lose? i say go for it, but i'm spending your money ;):p:lol:

At that price you could buy three and replace one every year.

I agree with you that it doesn't pay to invest a lot in a unit for a trail rig.

Post up with a review if you get one.

Picked one up.
I really like it for my 60 because it is shorter than a conventional stereo.

Also, the green display makes me happy :D

It probably is not an audiophiles dream, but I don't care :)
DSCF7257-400.jpg
DSCF7258-400.jpg

Well being am audiofile I was about to bag on it... till i saw the price! Amazing what you can get for a little over $50 now. If you just want decent sounding tunes and digital files, like others have said, go for it. Can't beat that price!

Well being am audiofile I was about to bag on it... till i saw the price! Amazing what you can get for a little over $50 now. If you just want decent sounding tunes and digital files, like others have said, go for it. Can't beat that price!

Exactly, it is far from a high end unit. However, it wont get gummed up on the inside and steal your favorite CD. Plus, if you do kill it, you are out a whole $50...

One annoying thing is that the internal amp takes a sec to catch up when changing stations. I only noticed this because my subwoofer is run off an amp. There is a 1 or so sec delay where the sub is the only sound coming out. then the internal amp kicks back in. Mildly annoying, but not a huge deal.

how much power does it have and what kind (and how many) speakers are you running? Do you need an amp?

I just got the one with weatherband posted above. (not from same link but same radio) Cheap easy solution for the truggy after the current radio died from getting wet to much I guess. And yes, it did steal my Johny Cash cd... Dammit.

Got it installed yesterday, weatherband is nifty to have (cb n tow rig has same feature) meaning i can hear whats up on the trail. It was an inexpensive radio for my crawler that takes SD, USB, and AUX inputs and will suit my needs just fine.

Cool :)

It is indeed sir, Thanks for posting your find up Jason.

So re-wiring my truck and this radio is still there. It has been in the truck the entire time and gets soaked when it rains heavy. I have seen the LCD display fill 3/4 the way up with water even! It will start to act funny and the radio will turn itself on when it is exposed to that much water, but I have a battery kill and cut all power to the truck when not wheeling, so when it rains it stays off. lol And the radio still works PERFECT. Worth every single penny, so though I would post back up me experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom