12 volt starter help needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dave 2000

Not all Land Rovers are useless!
Threads
For you guys that convert the gasoline LC's to diesel using the Toyota 4.2 turbo HDJ 80 engine and use a 12 volt starter motor please furnish me with the number/source.

In spain they have trouble supplying anything without a chassis number, and of course my HDJ80 is 24 volt and I am converting it to 12v. In the UK it seems to be going the same way which is a surprise as well, it seems it is all to do with liabilities ect?

Anyway, any help please and if you are a supplier and can ship one to me here in Aguilas 30880 Murcia Spain that would be great if the price is right?

regards

Dave

I have previously listed the starter part numbers the last time you asked!
Did you ring any European wreckers?
28100-17010 2.5kW 90/92-08 1H#..HDJ80, HZJ80
28100-17040 2.5kW 92-08/96-08 1H#..HDJ80, HZJ80
28100-17060 2.5kW 96-08-> 1H# 80 & 98-> 1HDT, 1HZ.. HDJ100, HZJ105
28100-17070 3kW 98-> 1HD-FTE & 1HZ.. HZJ105 (for the 1HZ only listed as LHD but I doubt that will matter)
I expect any of these will fit and work
The wreckers would be the only place to get a 3kW starter from and I expect they would be like hens teeth as they probably get sold with the engine.
(errors and omissions excepted)
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TOYOTA-Landcruiser-1HD-T-1HZ-1PZ-Diesel-Starter-Motor-/360253105105

I have previously listed the starter part numbers the last time you asked!
Did you ring any European wreckers?

TOYOTA Landcruiser 1HD-T, 1HZ, 1PZ Diesel Starter Motor - eBay, Other, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 13-Aug-10 19:33:48 AEST)

Yep and thanks again :cheers: I run these numbers (all of them BTW) to a couple of spares shops with no luck and in fact it was only last week I contacted this guy on ebay (UK) TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 4.2 DIESEL NEW STARTER MOTOR 1990-00 on eBay (end time 13-Aug-10 14:50:20 BST) and he told me he could not supply the starter because he did not recognise the number?:frown:

So I am thinking get a couple of model years/chassis numbers for the 100 and hopefully someone will come up with the right unit?:idea:

I have had some domestic strife over here (moving homes ect) and so have not given it my full on attention and have been doing other stuff on https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/365673-my-lc-80-thread.html so I am not slacking honest. :)

BTW I have sourced a 150 amp alternator from ebay motors US :bounce2: it is from a Tundra/Seq....io....oi...ioa ua (damn I can never remember how to spell that model name) but you know what I am talking about right? :confused:

regards

Dave

Last edited:
Don't play around with offers, buy the sucker while you have the chance,these things are $1000+ USD on toyodiy.com..............

So did you buy it, or did someone else grab it?

Don't play around with offers, buy the sucker while you have the chance,QUOTE]

I was not playing around with offers, I was checking that (a) it was the right one and (b) if he would post to Spain.

In the death it turned out to be the right one but I was out all day and dropped the ball. Thanks for the heads up anyway, I will keep an eye out for another.

regards

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom