this was growing in my dog's ear -- ideas?? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
-- it's not a tick, that's for sure, and mites are supposed to be small --

-- blooming onion?

:mad:

anyway, it's been removed -- now to burn it --

e

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, my frickin' A, that's the grosses s*** i've seen in a long time. Please please please delete this thread!!

Good thing I already ate lunch...looks like something from Aliens...See what happens when you lick your own butt :flipoff2:

That is without a question FAWKIN DISTGUSTING!!

Isn't that the plant from 'little shop of horrors?'

was it moving around before/after you removed it?

EDIT:
Oh yeah, I forgot. That is f-cking gross.

Dude,

I'd seek medical advice on that thing. That ain't right.

Space alien egg pod for sure. Crushing and heating activates them.

i was dating a vet, but that's sometimes on the rocks -- when i brought it up, all she said was, "well, you removed it, right?" --

-- i guess she's right there --

-- it's still awful looking --

e

It sounds kinda like one of these guys. But I couldn't find a picture, and it was in his ear, not his nose:

-----------------------

Linguatula Serrata Infection / Tongue Worm Infection

The so-called tongue worm, Linguatula serrata, an aberrant arthropod of the class Pentastomida. It is up to 2 cm long, shaped like an elongated tongue and has a small mouth and minute claws.

Occurrence - Worldwide. It is an infrequent parasite of the nasal passages and sinuses of dogs, cats and foxes.

Life Cycle - Eggs are expelled during coughing and sneezing and in nasal discharge. They are also swallowed and passed in the feces. Eggs are ingested by herbivores, e.g., cattle, sheep, rabbits and some rodents in which they hatch. Larvae locate in mesenteric lymph nodes where they produce small cysts, ~1 cm in diameter in which nymphs develop. Dogs become infected by consuming uncooked offal containing cysts. Without reinfection this parasitism expires in about a year.

Clinical Features - Most infections are subclinical. In heavy infections the irritation to the nasal mucous membranes may result in a mucous nasal discharge, sneezing, epistaxis and dyspnea.

Diagnosis - Demonstration of eggs in feces by flotation and in nasal discharge.

Treatment and Control -

As yet no specific treatment has been recommended. ivermectin may be effective.
Surgical removal from nasal passages may not be feasible.
Prevent the consumption of uncooked offal.

are all your other pups ok?

Damn, i have to scroll down real fast so i don't have to look at that gross crap to read the posts trying to figure out what kind of alien it is.

the other ones are okay, but i will be inspecting them all tonight --

-- hope it hasn't taken on to its own and gwon 6 feet while i was out -- !!

e

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom