Baja 1,000 - Pitting for MasterCraft / Rock Star (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.markkuz.com
I survived Baja.... And 700-800 miles in the 80. We rescued a Ford Bronco that was 5 miles in on the race course the night before the race, towed a stranded quad 45 miles, 5 of it off-road 40 of it new highway. We pitted at Race Mile (RM) 354 for the #20 & #30 Rock Star / MasterCraft Racing trophy trucks. I video taped both trucks pittng while my three buddies jacked up the trucks and changed both rear tires while the rest of the chase crews who joined us dumped 60 gal of gas and added light bars. The first car we did all that plus a driver change in 1:16 min while the second truck was out in 1:23. Both of our trucks finished and after starting in 30 & 32 they finished:
7th - Rob MacCachren, Las Vegas/Will Staats, Valencia, Calif., Ford F-150, 20:54:18
11th - Robbie Pierce/Mike Julson, Santee, Calif., Ford F-150; 21:25:08

Photos Album is up - Click on the photo

Last edited:
Bad a$$! Can't wait to see pics and video.

I was just reading through the race reports....Very cool

another interesting fact, the only vehicle to complete the stock Full Class was a Lexus 570

I was just reading through the race reports....Very cool

another interesting fact, the only vehicle to complete the stock Full Class was a Lexus 570

Must be Joe Bacal's CTCA Lexus, he's on a streak! Good to know he finished but I think there was only two in that class, the other was a Hummer H1.

Can't wait to see some of the pics!

Dan.

Must be Joe Bacal's CTCA Lexus, he's on a streak! Good to know he finished but I think there was only two in that class, the other was a Hummer H1.

Can't wait to see some of the pics!

Dan.

Yes, it was Joe

No, the Lexus for the cure dropped out of the race at our location in Bay of LA. He was really disapointed because if he would have finished the race he would have set a points record.

He was knocked out thanks to the anti theft device wiring. The security system would not let the vehicle start. And he couldn't pull the wiring out of the two chase Lexus because the wiring is VIN # encoded. A tough day for those guys Racing For A Cure.

Last edited:
Nice!!!!

That looks like a blast.

It really was until I got hit with a bad street dog at a cart in San Felipe Saturday Night.... :pig:

This was my first time past San Felipe on the East Side and past Erendira on the West side. And the terrain just gets more and more amazing the further you go down..... And the truth is, it sincerely gets safer and safer the further you go down. Never once was worried for my safety, and I reccomend to those of you who at one point loved going down to Baja to go back and visit. You will regain your love for Baja! :cheers:

I will and video. Dave you will really appreciate the 1760's Mission we visited. The family has owned 32,000 acres for at least 7 generations and this 20 year old kid maintains the mission that holds 1 service a year.

San Borja?

I reccomend to those of you who at one point loved going down to Baja to go back and visit. You will regain your love for Baja! :cheers:

Heading to Mikes Sky Ranch in two weeks- its our annual I H8 Xmas ride from Tecate:D

That is really cool! Looks like a great time.
I've never been but now you have me interested in Baja

2 of the vids don't work, just the first one

The second one I just fixed and the third one was just uploaded so it has to be formatted still I guess.

Photos still to come but he :princess: had a Life Insurance meeting set up for us when I got home from work... :bang: soo past my bed time and can't get to them tonight.

That is really cool! Looks like a great time.
I've never been but now you have me interested in Baja

Well March 11-13 will be your first chance at a taste of Baja Racing and Baja. The 250 is actually a great race to spectatec because you can set your self up in the morning to watch the action and then move location and catch the vehicles for a second time. And San Felipe is a great place to visit and camp on the beach.

Here are some of my past Baja trips to keep you busy until I get this trip up online:

San Felipe, MX
Baja 250 - 2007

Guadalupe Canyon (Between Mexicali and Tecate)
Guadalupe Canyon

Ensenada, MX
Baja 250

OK finally getting to upload the pics.

Sunset on our way down to Bahia de Los Angeles
IMG_1585.JPG

Cleaning up the Pit location Thursday morning
IMG_1623.JPG

Rock Star Energy Drink being represented
IMG_1637.JPG

Bay of LA
IMG_1648.JPG

Getting the chase trucks ready to dump 60 gal. of fuel in 40 seconds.
IMG_1657.JPG

And the leader at RM 385 and overall winner Gustavo Vildosola Jr.
IMG_1698.JPG

How about some cool rigs that I saw....

The #879 Lexus Racing for the Cure who's race was unfortunately done in Bay of LA
IMG_1746.JPG

Lexus Support Vehicles
IMG_1740.JPG

Cool Support Runner
IMG_1735.JPG

IMG_1742.JPG

How about a Nissan Patrol from Norway. At first glance I couldn't figure out what was different about this 80 Series. :confused:
IMG_1797.JPG

And an UBER COOL 75 Series from Germany
IMG_1798.JPG

IMG_1799.JPG

A 40 series in Gonzaga Bay
IMG_2020.JPG

And finally my truck showing how tall these cactus like trees are. Wish I could remember the name....
IMG_1889.JPG

Last edited:
And finally some Mission photos:

IMG_1810.JPG

IMG_1859.JPG

IMG_1812.JPG

IMG_1818.JPG

Our guide showing how he is injecting calcium between the blocks and the original black ore rocks that he breaks apart with hand tools.
IMG_1821.JPG

He had one last scupper so he made a mold of it and has created these new ones.
IMG_1822.JPG

The original missing from the 1700's
IMG_1823.JPG

IMG_1834.JPG

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom