38mm weber carb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.markocustoms.com
deciding if I should replace stock carb ? can someone let me know if they noticed a difference after installing new carb, will it give more power for pulling a boat. motor is stock

no no no!!! dont do a weber!!!!!!
pain in the ***, and its not worth it!
hammer

Hmmm,

I would beg to differ. I did the weber, and I have had absolutely no problems. My truck runs a lot better and gets a couple more miles to the gallon. As for more power pulling a boat--V8 swap :)..

But for me, the Weber was a better solution than an new OEM carb, or a rebuilt. Lower cost quicker turn around. Since the Weber, I've passed every emissions test I've taken, and my truck's started every morning no matter how cold...

Weber's suck! No power gain, a pain in your ass to tune, and gas mileage goes down. Stock carb will outflow the Weber. If your having problems with your stock carb just rebuild/clean it or have Jim C. do it.

I Disagree

WEBERS ARE NOT AT ALL HARD TO TUNE.
i dont have one on my 60 but ido run it on my 40.
probably the best mod i've done. even had it tuned for 6,000 feet before it was sent from man-a-fre.
TO EACH THIER OWN ;)

I would agree with 2badfjs, Webers are some of the easiest carbs in the universe to tune. You can even get manuals and tech support almost anywhere. A rebuilt finely tuned stock carb can run awsome also, and at this point may be a little cheaper than the weber due to their availability. I feel the weber is a better option, but everyone is going to have a different opinion and special needs. :cheers: Steve.

MY Weber is a breeze to tune, it runs as good as a stock carb on angles too (I played with jets, the float and run a hotter plug).

BUT, if your stock carb is rebuildable then I say do it, although I find the stock ones to be a pain in the ass to tune.

For my money I would stay stock. Better off road

unless you use it for blacktop towing work only, then Id go the Weber (more power)

marko said:
deciding if I should replace stock carb ? can someone let me know if they noticed a difference after installing new carb, will it give more power for pulling a boat. motor is stock
The common weber carb sold for Cruiser is a 38/38mm w/ 26/26 choke tubes (venturis to the rest of us).
The Aisan FJ60 carb is 38/40mm throttles w/ 31/35mm venturis.
The Aisan will flow 425CFM, compared to 275CFM for the weber.

The Aisan carb has two major problems:
It is old and needs serviced.
It is smog legal.

Keeping this in mind, it is obvious that replacing the old Aisan with a brand new {insert carb brand of the month here} carb will in many cases yield some improvement.

For best stock performance, install a rebuilt & tweaked Aisan. :)

For best smog-legal boat towing performance, install a certified EFI V8 engine. :eek:

FOR REALS since I'd also like to get Kaymar stuff for the rear, OME suspension, 4.10 gears, H55F, and 33s eventually, what is that total, like 10K? hehehe

p.s. Thread Hijacked.

SDFJ60 said:
FOR REALS since I'd also like to get Kaymar stuff for the rear, OME suspension, 4.10 gears, H55F, and 33s eventually, what is that total, like 10K? hehehe

p.s. Thread Hijacked.

Yeah, give me a call when your ready to set all of that up, we can install it for you too. Diego isnt that far from us! Cha ching!

Sorry to hijack.

A stock carb in great shape is better than the Weber. But a Weber is FAR easier to work on, SUPER easy to tune. You can take it apart and rebuild it so fast it would make your head spin.

I have a 38/38 on my 60, had a 32/36 on a 40. Go with the 38. Its a better match for the 6cyl.

I didnt notice a gain in power or milage, or a loss for that matter. What you do get is better throttle response at low RPMs and a carb that seems, to me anyway, easier to start in brutal cold.

I run the Weber Plenum on mine, to a FJ62 air cleaner housing. Just made an adapter to take the place of the mass air flow sensor on the 62 and make the two work. That way I can run a snorkle sometime on the correct side of the truck.

Hmmm,

I would beg to differ. I did the weber, and I have had absolutely no problems. My truck runs a lot better and gets a couple more miles to the gallon. As for more power pulling a boat--V8 swap :)..

But for me, the Weber was a better solution than an new OEM carb, or a rebuilt. Lower cost quicker turn around. Since the Weber, I've passed every emissions test I've taken, and my truck's started every morning no matter how cold...
When you replaced the carb, did you run into problems with the throttle linkage? What did you do to resolve this issue? I have just added the Weber 38mm and now the linkage is backward and the pedal is on the floor when the carb butterfly is closed. Hurting my brain right now trying to find the proper work around. Any help is appreciated.

When you replaced the carb, did you run into problems with the throttle linkage? What did you do to resolve this issue? I have just added the Weber 38mm and now the linkage is backward and the pedal is on the floor when the carb butterfly is closed. Hurting my brain right now trying to find the proper work around. Any help is appreciated.

Just a heads up that you are asking a question to a thread that is now almost 17 years old and the person you are asking the question to hasn't been active on Mud since 2018. So you might not see much action from them on the response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom