FJ62 build, 38's with no lift, etc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Everyone loves pics, so I will start there:
First trip out was fun (stock) 31" A/T's:

Starting with an 88 Toyota Landcruiser FJ62. Completely stock, with the exception of 31 BFG A/T's. Only 160k, even has cold A/C! Got it very cheap due to the rust and dents. The frame is a little rough, but more on that later.

So far, the only mods have been removing the saybars, welded the rear diff. I bought a complete front third with a lockrite for 200 baloneyskins, just gotta get it here from Roxboro somehow. I have a very good friend who is a welder/fabricator, and we are gonna try making our own welded ring birfields, like the original longs. We will see what happens.

That was a few weeks ago, it has changed a bit since. I found a Samurai Sword in the rear cargo area, so what better to chop the top off with?

And when the sword went dull we turned to this.

A little fender trimming, some wheels and tires I had laying around from a previous project, and:

Let a friends wife drive last trip out and she did this:

So tonight, I installed 1" lift shackles to give the tires a little breathing room, and prevent the shackles from inverting again. The front was only 1/2" from the bumpstop in the first pic w/the 38's. The front shackle pins were bent as all getout when I too them off , so it was actually Lower than stock in those pics.

What have you had to do to the inner fender wells up front to fit the meats?

quite the battle wagon!

What have you had to do to the inner fender wells up front to fit the meats?

Cut till it fit. Does this help?
Fokker_074.jpg

Gotta figure out to get pics bigger. Not too good w/ computers.

Gimme a bit:beer:

How did you fit the rear tires in there? The fronts can be trimmed quite a bit, but the rears don't have much room on the door jam side.

And the rear, especially around the door jams...

See where the line is? That is where we cut. Then some on the inside, wherever it looked liked it needed. You just gotta commit, and where there is a will, there is a way.

How did you fit the rear tires in there? The fronts can be trimmed quite a bit, but the rears don't have much room on the door jam side.

Maybe the rust helped? The rockers were done. I will try to get some good pics of the rear wells for you guys. It looks like it has plenty of room now w/the 1" shackle lift. (no pics yet) Wheelin (light, no gears yet) pics soon.:steer:

NICE i thought I cut mine alot :hillbilly::wrench::clap::steer:

bob the rear you'll love it more after you do

I have no idea why the HOA hates me:

001 015

NICE i thought I cut mine alot :hillbilly::wrench::clap::steer:

bob the rear you'll love it more after you do

Started measuring for the bob tonight. The frame is a little rough behind the arches, so we gotta do it anyway. Cage is next too. Holy cow steel got expensive! You still @ 4WP? I heard you were a cool cat, I worked at #54 for 6.5 years. David Powell still stays @ my house when he comes up sometimes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom