Cleaning jets on Carb (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Carb Experts.

Is it relatively easy to clean the jets on the stock Fj60 carb?
Do you just pull the air horn to access them? I cant tell from the exploded views, exactly where they live.

I have had the Air horn off to check the bowl and have a new gasket.
I am also OK pulling the carb completely, I had to replace the studs.

I dont want to try a rebuild, but I am fighting the random bad idle and want to clean as much of the carb as possible.

Any pictures or better exploded views would be great.

Thanks

if you remove the two 13mm (?) bolts. you'll have to stick a flat head screwdriver in the bolt hole (into the fuel bowl) to get to the jets. the one on the left of the glass is the slow jet, the one on the right is the fast jet. I'd post a pic but my star ran out.

if you remove the two 13mm (?) bolts. you'll have to stick a flat head screwdriver in the bolt hole (into the fuel bowl) to get to the jets. the one on the left of the glass is the slow jet, the one on the right is the fast jet. I'd post a pic but my star ran out.

It's unclear to me how you get the jets out once you unscrew them. The are at the back of the bowl and the access holes at the front. Since the jets are brass, they are not magnetic. It might be easier to pull the carb so you can shake them out...

you can stick a carb cleaner tube up there (the "jets" have a slot for a flat head and a hole in the middle) give it a few squirts.. no removal required, except the bolts. I know jim posted a quickie carb clean sequence once... I have no idea what thread it was in.

you can stick a carb cleaner tube up there (the "jets" have a slot for a flat head and a hole in the middle) give it a few squirts.. no removal required, except the bolts. I know jim posted a quickie carb clean sequence once... I have no idea what thread it was in.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/108900-carb-problems-carb-rebuild-101-please.html

Is this the post you mentioned? FJ40Jim has some steps for a quickie clean on a 40 carb. Looks like most of it is the same for the 60 other than the 2 Fuel Lines. Doesn't mention the jets.

Thanks for all the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom