Painting Wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got a "wild hair" today and decied to paint my wheels. It was really easy to do and required about $20. Prep solution, 350 grit sand paper, blue masking tape, a razor knife, and flat black Rustoleum paint.

Pics

I have few more pics I will post
IMG00621-20101003-1843.jpg
IMG00623-20101003-1857.jpg
IMG00615-20101003-1611.jpg

Done.
IMG00617-20101003-1710.jpg

Just an fyi for anyone else considering this, coating the tires with dish soap is a billion times easier than tape. Then you just hose them off when it's dry.

Thats why I love forums...people are full of all kinds of awesome tidbits like this! Great tip!

Never thought about the soap idea. Took about a total of 2-3 mins to tape and take off. Really awesome idea if you don't have the tape or the time.

Looks good, I still continue to put off painting my wheels

Thakn you Sir. Really easy and takes about 30 mins per wheel. I would use a hair dryer. Lol!!

Took about 5 mins to tape the caps. I sanded them down first of course. Cooper would look good.

X2! how long did it take to tape the sombreros?

LJ, i think your copper would look sharp with black wheels.

X2! how long did it take to tape the sombreros?

LJ, i think your copper would look sharp with black wheels.

Took about 5 mins to tape the caps. I sanded them down first of course. Cooper would look good.

I will try to paint my wheels during the next three day weekend:D

I will try to paint my wheels during the next three day weekend:D

Paint the spare first! Total time was around 5 hours but, I did have someone taking the wheels off while I was prepping them. Good luck and I'll let yo know how long and well this holds up. :cheers:

I just saw Liam's writeup and love the epoxy idea. A few people (maybe just 2), including myself have used VHT header/exhaust paint. I wasn't content with how dull they dried - too dull.
Adding matte finish to it, I achieved the proper satin black look, if that makes sense. Anyway, I was (and still am) real happy with the outcome and they haven't chipped.

A lil over a year later, I'm still getting compliments!

attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom