Penny getting Luke'd (4x4Labs rear bumper) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

davegonz

Keeping it Weird
SILVER Star
Threads
Penny is getting Luke'd (4x4Labs rear bumper)

I started my 4x4Labs build this afternoon and so far no big surprises. I'll tackle the welding tomorrow when I can get some help.

Bumper removal pics.
IMG_2180 (Large).jpg
IMG_2181 (Large).jpg
IMG_2183 (Large).jpg

Last edited:
Rear cross member removal. Make sure to get some bimetal Milwaukee blades for your sawzall. These blades cut really well and won't dull fast. Finish up with your grinder.
IMG_2185 (Large).jpg
IMG_2187 (Large).jpg
IMG_2188 (Large).jpg

Looks good.

Is this a kit? What is the ballpark price on the kit? Thanks.

Yes, it's a kit. $495 plus shipping for the main bumper assembly. You can add swing outs and a ton of other things.

Any pictures of the pieces prior to welding?

how much is the assembled bumper?

Nice. Looking forward to it.

Love the gold package too... :p

Don't rag on my bling, baby!

Side wings and center section mocked up before tacking.
IMG_2192 (Large).jpg
IMG_2193 (Large).jpg

Dag, that is a nice bumper bro!

Looks great! What are you doing for paint? I expect it to be done for the meeting on tuesday! :)

Was planning on rattle canning it, but if you have a powder coater hook up, let me know.

I was beginning to wonder when you were going to build yours. Looks like it fits great! I am very happy with my two coat rattle can. One primer/one satin black krylon.

if i were you i would find a sand blaster to blast that bumper before you paint it, trust me its worth it in this order... sand blast-por15-rattle can (for uv protection of por15) and that bumper will look bitch'in for years to come:cheers:
then again your in Texas and rust is more of a color there :)

Luke's bumpers are sweet and all the options to choose can give you a custom unique setup... I'll be ordering one when I replace mine... Thanks for the writeup so far... Looking good!!!

Tacking it together

A couple of my buddies came over and helped me align the bumper before I tacked it all together.

The last one shows Heath trying to go for a low cost vasectomy.
IMG_2197 (Large).jpg
IMG_2198 (Large).jpg
IMG_2212 (Large).jpg

I've to have my new FJ62 front bumper powered coated. Maybe we can get a deal for both? ;)

Was planning on rattle canning it, but if you have a powder coater hook up, let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom