New gauge cluster for the FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here is the new instrument cluster from TeltekUSA. I would like as much feedback as possible about the different speedometer hook-ups that folks need.
vendor1.jpg

I would post a link to the Teltek site but I believe the address is going to change in the next couple days so it would just confuse folks. I will outline the product and the sales plan. First off, the company Teltek designs and manufactures gauges. We are using our truck gauge technology and modifying it for the FJ40 instrument cluster. The current plan is to sell a gauge panel kit, which will include the gauge assembly and sensors. It will fit into the stock sheet metal housing. We are considering a design that connects to the standard FJ sensors but they are not what we like in terms of quality and accuracy. Here are the specifications and some added comments:

Gas gauge: Button adjustable 1 to 250 ohms. Ships stock 10/90ohms. Displays fuel level in percent 0 to 100. Will flash periodically below 20%.

Oil pressure: 1% accuracy sensor. Gauge reads 0 to 150 PSI. Standard thread screw in replacement. Will flash periodically if pressure is below 10 PSI.

Volts: Voltmeter reads 0 to 20 volts. Will flash periodically if voltage is below 11.5 volts.

Water temp: Reads 100 to 250 Fahrenheit. Will periodically flash at user adjustable level.

Speedometer: User adjustable to set speed. Can be calibrated at any time with mile markers. Odometer and trip meter.

Our goals were to allow the users to see warnings if there are engine problems and sell at a reasonable price. The price will be approximately $600. Some of the labor has not been completely priced out yet so that might change. The kit should be available in a few weeks. It will come with all sensors including the speedometer adaptor. As always, Teleks products have a lifetime guarantee (excluding sensors) and a money back guarantee. Some of the adjustable vales and features may change.

Last edited:
i like this ! but $600 bucks ouch!
.speedo hooked up to a stock landcruiser T-case

Not so fast there.

600 is not that bad. Price out what seperates will run you. Then come back and see.

My only idea is to put a tack in there somewhere and ditch the lines.

I like this..........what about turn signal indicator lights ?

Turn signal arrows are on either side of the speed display (don't show in picture). Something else that is kind of cool is the printing on the display, we use a laser, so for instance right below the word speedometer we could write your name or FJ40.

I would be very interested in this conversion with the addition of a tach (HEI) and the option to purchase an additional fuel level sender for second tank. The ability to add custom text is a plus. I like the fact that it uses my current face plate housing which is already powdercoated Cardinal Black Hammer. Please keep me informed.

The images are so-so. This is a drag and drop from other gauge pictures. I will have a real first-off prototype soon and post a picture. We wanted to get an image up for folks to look at and comment on. I read them all.
I realize that some like digital and some like analog gauges including the stock stuff. We all like the stock stuff until it starts to affect performance. These gauges are precision instruments compared to the stock stuff. They can be very helpful while troubleshooting.

will it work with a diesel? i have a BJ40 that now has a 1KZ transplanted in place of the old B engine

does it come with metric readings? In NZ we use KPH and Celsius :)

KPH and Celsius. Yes.
The speedo is set into calibration mode and then you drive a distance between mile/kilometer markers, this could be 1 mile or 1 kilometer. It really just counts pulses per unit distance driven.

The temp gauge will read in degrees C or F.

The oil pressure is in PSI. We have done a couple Kilogram gauges but the scale is much different. What do you use?

I love it, especially with the addition of a tach. Great to see great new creative gadgets for Cruisers coming out. Please keep me posted.

I would like to be able to switch it back to 'real' speed when I move home to the US, so would I be able to switch it from the french KPH to the American MPH. In other words: can it be reset?

Lastly, do the numbers dim when you swtich the lights on?

Regards,

Josh

I would also like have ability to switch from KPH to MPH as my FJ43 (from Colombia) is KPH. Would also like it to have tach. Let us know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom