FJ40 | BJ40

Classifieds: Toyota 40-series Land Cruiser

Filter by prefix:

Previous to me was a West Virginia farm truck. Installed a 1983 FJ60 2F, new clutch, original 3 speed column shift tranny and vacuum shift transfer case. Engine compressions are all at 150. Runs, drives and stops. I have documented all work on Farm Use Build. Send PM with any questions. Everything works except hazards need new flasher, high beam switch stuck and cigarette lighter. Comes with additional parts-1977 FJ40 disc axles, spare tranny/transfer, new sniper 2300, 17” FJ cruiser steelies and original engine if u want it. I have clear title in my name. Asking 15k
Great FJ40 for sale in Des Moines, IA. Runs like a top, starts extremely fast and easy. Holley carb, KW shocks, brand new paint job and rust repair work. Completely rust free! The paint has beautiful metallic that didn’t come through with the lighting. Seats newly reupholstered. Also, leaks a very slight amount of coolant. However, it seeps out of the engine and has no compression issues. Have driven this truck 4 hours with this issue before I knew it was there and it drove great, not even overheating. Very easy fix on these 1F inline 6s, we may get around to it if it does not sell and the price will go back up. 29,266 miles, not rolled over, but likely restarted after a minor restoration in the 90s CLEAN IOWA TITLE $19,500
California and Texas Land Cruiser FJ40, barn-found in central Texas and mechanically updated and upgraded SBC 350 cammed with Holley Sniper EFI 80 series MC and four wheel disc brakes Rear lunchbox locker SM465 GM four speed mated to OEM FJ40 case Saginaw Power Steering Shackle reversal 4 inch lift Bilstein 5100s Fuel tank relocated to rear underside 5 New 33x12.50 BFG New tie rods and steering linkages, as well as new pitman arm New LED headlights and harness All of the work completed within the last year. Really nice bones, no rust issues, the body behind the diamond plate is good, it was just 80s armor. Nice homemade rear tire carrier and jerry can holder. It is ready to daily drive or use on the trails. All exterior lights and...
Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 upgraded V8 with tons of power, has a powerful hydraulic winch and remote. Disc brakes up front, power steering. Heavy duty tire rack and bumpers. Smog exempt in California! Replaced top and some glass from previous owner accident. Honestly don’t know exactly what I have because I bought in an auction. Family circumstance has forced this sale
Specs: - 12HT engine swap, cosmetic refresh, new TD05 16G turbo feeding a 3” exhaust - H55f 5 speed swap - polished crossover pipes and custom stainless intake - OME suspension - fully rebuilt axles - disc brake conversion - power steering conversion - refurbished top and new head liner - new 33x10.50R15 BFG x5 - seat frames and all other silver parts freshly re-powder coated - new upholstery/foam and seat belts - HJ47 in dash tacho - all lights have been converted to LED - STEDI Classic style front lights - Hi-Lift Jack not mounted yet - Bluetooth speaker system not installed - custom Ebony shift knobs by Rodak Garage - Grimspeed boost control - exterior tub, fire wall, engine bay all done in Lizard Skin Sound Control and Insulation...
1979 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 - $28,000 ***Please note: I have financed this truck and owe $12,000 on it as of 1/23/24. I am selling due to a bout of unemployment*** Available for sale is my solid, all original 1979 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. (Ok, it does have an aftermarket radio but everything else is bone stock.) I have owned this for three years and have enjoyed every moment of it. However, I am selling due to a bout of unemployment I would overall give this a 8/10 rating. The engine starts up and runs flawlessly. The brakes work as they should and their are no electrical gremlins at all. I detract two points, if you will, because of a hole in the floorboard near the right door jam where rain collects on these trucks and a bit...
For Sale: 1978 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser | Got an hardtop FJ43!? Interested in trades Proudly presenting a well-loved and meticulously maintained 1978 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser, cherished in a dry, garage environment in California for the past 30 years. I am the third owner. The last fellow had it since 1988! I'm letting it go because I'm looking for something in WORSE condition to tinker with ;) Original Condition: Maintains much of its original charm, with a professional repaint (bondo-free) in Toyota Sky Blue in 1988. Documentation goes back to 1978 with original owner manuals and receipts Drivetrain: Impeccably maintained original 6 cyl 4.2L 2F engine and original 4-speed manual transmission. The truck's systems have been...
With much regret and hesitation I am selling my beloved 1979 FJ40 trophy cruiser. Got rid of the trophy wife long ago. I have owned, enjoyed and pampered this rig since 2007. Unfortunately as of late it just does not get the attention and use it disserves. I had been driving it about a 1000 miles a year until the last few years where the majority of the miles put on it are from being towed on camping trips. It is an extremely rare rig in that all components are original from new, body, frame, engine, transmission and body color, in addition to being professionally restored by renowned FJ40 restorer TLC of Van Nuys, CA. The FJ has 99,100 miles and has had 5 owners including myself. Here is what I know about the history of the...
1981 FJ40 for sale. Olive color. The tub from the firewall back is all rust. The frame on the driver's rear is thin from the axle back and has rust holes. Has a complete 2F engine and 4 speed with transfer case. Engine turns freely, but no idea if it will run. The carb is completely rusted and won't move. Looks like all the engine accessories are still there, including the smog pump. Has power steering box and pump. White spoked wheels and tires have been replaced with an old set of wheels. I have title in hand and in my name. VIN on the title matches the numbers on the frame, door tag, firewall tag, and windshield tag (windshield not included). NOT included: Wiring harness Steering column/wheel Top, doors, windshield Interior...
1976 FJ-40 in mostly original condition as far as drivetrain goes, but with some improved suspension, rust abatement and other changes. There is a full cage installed by Proffitt's some years ago, by Mr. Proffitt himself. The interior has been left mostly stock, with the exception of Celica front seats and a 2nd gen Montero fold and stow rear seat. The original troop carrier style rear seats as well as the original front seats come w the Cruiser. Suspension wise, it is on 3" spring lift from Old Man Emu, but is running Bilstein shocks. Shackle reversal up front and longer shackles in the rear as well. Sitting on some older BFGs that could use a balance, but it hasn't prevented me from DDing it. The spare is mismatched, but all wheels...
we are selling our 1973 Capri Blue F engine 3 speed. Body and paint are solid. Very little rust. Runs well. Just gave it a tune up, all fluids changed and new battery. I believe it needs a little brake work. Drums are very squeaky. I have a lot of misc parts including wiper motor and wiper arms. I have a set of front OEM seats just recovered in tan or keep the Corbeau currently installed. Your choice. I purchased late spring intending to fix it up as our weekend driver. The day it was delivered a good Freind offered his fully restored 1977 and it had AC…that sealed the deal with the wife. I still prefer the color and doors of the 1973 but AC in Texas is hard to beat. This is a solid rig ready to drive or finish tweaking it. Thanks
This 1967 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 is for sale in Franklin, NC. This is a US spec truck, not an import, that was originally from AZ and has no rust. The owner spent $60k on the restoration and upgrades. The upgrades include a 383 cid V8, four wheel power disc brakes, a newer transmission and transfer case, soft top and seats. Check out the details below. See more pictures at the link above. Please let us know if you have any questions about this truck. Vehicle: Year: 1967 Make: Toyota Model: Land Cruiser FJ40 Drive: 4×4 Miles: 1,840 miles since restoration Fuel Type: Gasoline Transmission: 4 speed manual (newer) Engine: 383 CID V8 (1840 miles since new) Exterior Color: Tan Interior Color: Black VIN: On Request Title: Clean Price...
Helping a friend sell his truck, please no disrespectful comments, or harassment . I have no part in this build or say in price. After speaking with him he would like to ask $60,000 obo ( I’m sure he would entertain reasonable offers ) Professionally restored from the ground up 1978 FJ 40 Mint condition Less than 5k miles on the build (always garaged ) Not a single bolt on this build was left untouched , so much attention to detail Turn key rig Ramjet 350 motor has less than 6k miles Port injection iron vortec 64cc heads 350@52000 400ft lbs @ 3500 Roller cam roller rockers 92 octane Freshly rebuilt Advanced adapter NV4500 trans (5 speed ) Clear title Warn winch 8274 8K Air bags w air compressor Stock t case , stock diffs Rancho...
This 1979 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 is for sale in Fort Worth, TX. Check out all the details in the description below the image gallery in the link above. Please let us know if you have any questions. Vehicle: Year: 1979 Make: Toyota Model: Land Cruiser FJ40 Drive: 4×4 Miles: TMU Fuel Type: Gasoline Transmission: 4 speed manual Engine: 4.2 L I6 (2F) Exterior Color: Tan Interior Color: Black VIN: On Request Title: Clean (Texas) Price: $38,500 https://curatedbid.com/how-curated-bid-works/ Details & Upgrades: Factory Power steering and power breaks Original 2F engine 3″ Pro Comp lift New factory 15″ steel wheels and hub caps New BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM2’s 33×10.5×15 All-New body emblems New Heavy Duty Clutch Rebuilt front knuckles...
Pretty much what you see in the pictures. Post 1975 FJ40. Some rust in back, but overall the tub and body are in pretty good shape. Some rust on hardtop sides. Very fixable. Fiberglass cap is trashed. Hood is crap, full of bondo (not from this cruiser) Drum brake front axle. Not sure why, but it is. Great front section of the body, dash. A little rust on the transmission cover, but nothing on the floors. Frame is pretty solid. Lots of grease, dirt, crust, but not damaged. Has some funky v8 mounts welded in. Otherwise unmolested frame. Windshield frame is super nice. Cowl and dash are great. I do not have a title unfortunately. I bought it to chop up into a trailer amd crawler project, but it's too nice a tub to destroy...
1964 FJ40 for sale 1964 FJ40, SBC, with later model top, doors, seats, and rear ambulance doors. Front axle is a later year disc brake style with Warn hubs. 3 speed floor shift and floor transfer shift. Rusted through drivers' floor w/ temporary aluminum patch, rear sill has rusted spot, but other than that seems like just surface rust under the rest of the body and frame. Old body work evident rear quarters, and a few dents here and there, basically I think it's solid. Runs well, brakes work, got the lights, wipers, aftermarket heater and aftermarket turn signals all working. Later model roll bar was installed I think. New aluminum radiator and new gas tank. Gauges are aftermarket. New TRE's, front stabilizer and a front end...
1977 FJ40 project for sale. $5,000 Purchased in Feb 2020. It was a wheeling rig for many years. Clean NY title. Have the original VIN tag as well. Frame has been sandblasted and powdercoated. New OME suspension. New brakes (drum rear, disc front) New body mounts from SOR included not installed yet. Axles housings have been wire wheeled and undercoated. Wheels are in decent shape, tires are shot but hold air for roller purposes. Decent fiberglass tub, needs some body work. Comes with fiberglass fenders, bib and hood. No fiberglass top, doors or windshield frame. I have a steel windshield with good glass. Also have steel doors in rough shape and 2 steel hoods. New painless wiring kit included. Have the original wiring...
I've owned this 40 for the past 5+ years and have had all work done either locally by a Toyota/Landcruiser mechanic (McIntosh Imports) or by Trollhole's Cruisers. I am not mechanically-inclined but happy to answer any questions to the best of my abilities. $20k OBO. History: She was first sold in New Mexico (American Toyota - Albuquerque) and per some stickers she had some history in the PNW. I bought her with Oregon tags in Washington state (from a guy with Montana as a last name) - can't make that up. She was promised as "everything works" but nothing could have been further from the truth when she was delivered across the country. I broke every rule in the book buying her and have paid handsomely as a penance. But, happy that I was...
This vehicle was purchased a little over 4 years ago; it was an original owner vehicle out of Arizona and was shipped to the East Coast where it has been in covered storage since. Vehicle has not been driven in snow/slush and only once in the rain in my 4 years of ownership. With twin 7 year olds and another classic car, this 40 just doesn't get driven enough and I would rather someone else be able to enjoy the vehicle. I'm hopeful in the coming years as my children get older I'll be able to get back into an FJ. This is a great truck that has been reliable and I ensured any mechanical and safety related items were fixed as the wife and kids would go out with me, so I wanted to ensure this was a safe and family friendly weekend...
1974 Toyota FJ40 The good: Purpose built for off road, Everything built Heavyduty to last, comes with Bikini top, hard top, windshield and doors: Chevy 350, 1989 truck motor auto trans with quick shifter Aluminum radiator with electric fan Full custom roll cage Sprung over / cut & turned axles Longfield axles Lockers HD driveshafts 6 stud HD steering arms Wheelbase 102" with chevy van leafsprings Bilstein shocks Power steering with hydraulic assist Custom HD Bumbers, skid plate and rock sliders 37" Pitbulls on beadlocks Fold & tumble rear seat with storage box Offroad seats with 4 pt harnesses 8,000lb Warn winch The Bad: Smokes a little (needs valve seals), lunchbox style lockers (work perfectly), the body is a bit rough (see...
1979 Toyota Fj40 for sale Recently purchased the truck in June of ‘22 and really don’t want to sell it but I have to pay for flight school somehow. Been stored inside throughout my ownership. Barely touched it other than some brand new tires, just took it for the occasional drive on the weekends. Previous owner was an older gentleman that bought it off a used car lot in Denver 1981. He documented everything done to it very well. Full notebook of documents is pictured. Original truck other than being repainted at some point, the passenger door was replaced, and some OME suspension. It’s got some rust in the usual spots but overall really solid, frame is good and the tub is good. Have a bunch of spare parts to go with it. All emissions...
1971 Toyota FJ40. Original F engine with complete rebuild around 2003. 3 speed transmission converted to floor shift. 2 speed transfer case with recent rebuild and converted to floor shift. Updated with Dakota Digital VHX gauge cluster and new wiring harness. Warn M8274-50 Self Recovery winch. I have owned this FJ40 for the past 37 years and have repaired or replaced items as needed to keep it dependable. Too much to list here. Runs and drives great and everything works as it should. This is an off-road fun machine not a show car. I will attempt to answer all questions or inquiries. Clean Texas title and a few spare parts collected over the years. I am at the age that I need to sell a few toys. :( This will be a great Landcruiser for...

Thread Filter

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom