Yotafun 00' 4Runner Build - Annabelle (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I was not able to get up to Andy's last weekend to assist in more surgery on the 4Runner. Being completely bummed out and stuck at the house, Andy brighten my spirit with the following:

At full stuff and full lock, the tire rubs the frame a bit, but I honestly don't think I'll be in that position often.

But wait there's more:

Andy made quick work of the drivers side.
Those 35s look fantastic, I'm really itching to see how they perform!

Been a while since I've ventured onto the forum, I did make it to Andy's this weekend and last.

Andy's made quick work of the rear quarters, the drivers side got done today, I brought my fender flares and front fenders home to get all that trimmed up so when I visit next we can get that all hung up:

And just a look at how the front looks woth the fender cut, front bumper cut, and truck sitting on it's weight:

Also today, for some reason I thought I would look at my frame, I don't know why but I guess something was telling me to in my head, and well @#$&!!!

That's the passenger side rear lower link mount, like all 3rd gens this is where it starts to fail, I really had hoped mine was good but I guess not -_-

I think what made me check now that I think about was this rear body mount that is a little crusty that I will have to beef up a little later:

So I have frame repair on the list for this fall/winter and will be using these:

I am really number that this frame is not as solid as I thought, but at this point I've put more time and money into this 4Runner than my old 4Runner so it's down the rabbit hole I go!

Last edited:
I was gonna ask how the interior of the frame was. Its about how I thought. I bet its filled with rust flakes.

Where do you wheel where 33s, skids, and a locker aren't sufficient? I see the people who stuff and cut for 35s on 4 runners and most of the time its way overkill and way too much work.

I was gonna ask how the interior of the frame was. Its about how I thought. I bet its filled with rust flakes.

Where do you wheel where 33s, skids, and a locker aren't sufficient? I see the people who stuff and cut for 35s on 4 runners and most of the time its way overkill and way too much work.

Yeah these things rust from the inside out, I'm sure that section is like puff pastry on the inside.

I wheel at Rausch Creek or AOAA, and hopefully some day I'll make it to the Rubicon. You are absolutely correct I can and have gone far with my 33s, skids, and a locker, but I'd like to go a little further, I handle myself well on blue trails but looking to check out some more blacks that have presented challenges before.

Last edited:
As you can see in the last picture, there are two Tundras and Two 4Runners in a rocky parking lot.
I needed a weekend of rock therapy after the last few weeks at work and a shake down run was needed:

The 4Runner is now first the first time in 3 months back home!

The trip was a great success in my mind despite still having one spot that rubs and some body damage, the truck did phenomenally.
I found it rare to have to use my locker, the truck flexed out well and found grip and the sliders did there job when I needed them too.

I have custom links in the rear that I will be adjusting to push the axle back enough to prevent the rubbing I was here.
I need to trim some of the front bumper that I damaged and reattach a flare on the passenger rear door. then give it a good bath and paint the sliders (still bear metal) and then process from there.

There were maybe a few times I felt I needed a crawl box, however I think this along with a 5Spd swap is on the list once I get the old 4Runner out of the garage. I am also looking at a do it yourself rear bumper, I'd like to get my spare tire out of my cargo area and give myself some more clearance by removing the trailer hitch.

Still happy to tears of joy that I have reached this point in my build, something I would have never really thought of happening any time soon. Andy was key in making this happen, excellent workmanship, and I owe him tons, especially for occupying his garage for so long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom