yoko vf mr.goodrich (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
in size 33...

the yokos will have to be a 12,5 on a stock 76lc rim. im not happy about that, but the selection for 15's seems to be dwindling.

there will be staun internal beedlocks involved.

so the conditions are street, and PA slop and slickrock. except for two days in august when its dry around here.

the truck? a never rusted or repaired original 76 fj40. say goodby, truck. you lived 32 years safe in a grarage, and you got caught up in the financial meltdown too, and look where you landed. rough times all around.

the tires im leaning towards are...

BFGoodrich MT TA KM2's in a 33x10.5

and

yokoohnos Geolander MT Plus 33x12.5 (2" lift and im not trimming the rear, so im worried about rubbing)

im figuring off the shelf, the BF's have it in the made in the usa department, rock department, sidewall department, mud department and the so vital "all zimm has used is BF products and has been ticked pink" department.

the yokos prolly have it in the overland department, and they dont look like they belong in the "i drive around with swampers to look cool" douchie department.

being able to go to 0.0 psi with the stauns, means, in allot of conditions, a zero tread POS will do. so, in practice, im not sure the BFs still hold an advantage over the yokos on the slop.

im looking for opinions based on at least some anicdotal evidence.

obviously, ive never owned a yoko, let alone either one of these tires. ive been an old school MT TA guy.

Hi All:

Well, if you intend to really use those Staun beadlocks from what I've heard you will want to avoid radial tires and choose some with bias-ply construction.

Radial construction tires have weaker sidewalls, and airing the tires down just makes the situation worse.

Good luck!

Alan

I really like the 33x12.5 TSL Radials that I ran on my '74 for a few years.

It was doing daily driver service as well as weekend wheelin back then as well.

Hi All:

Well, if you intend to really use those Staun beadlocks from what I've heard you will want to avoid radial tires and choose some with bias-ply construction.

Radial construction tires have weaker sidewalls, and airing the tires down just makes the situation worse.

Good luck!

Alan

i guess im taking a chance, but the bfg's are supposed to have a really tough sidewall, and i doubt ill go below 10-12 psi unless im in sand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom