Yikes FL importer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Play with fire and you can get burned. The more illegal sh*t you do, the more likely it is that you’re gonna draw unwanted attention.

I’ve never understood guys like this—it’s so easy to import cars legally, why bother with the (substantial) risk?

Due diligence people, if it seems too good to be true. . . Or it doesn't pass the sniff test. . .
I hope those who were harmed are made whole, and the butterface importers go to sea.

Play with fire and you can get burned. The more illegal sh*t you do, the more likely it is that you’re gonna draw unwanted attention.

I’ve never understood guys like this—it’s so easy to import cars legally, why bother with the (substantial) risk?

I wonder how many of these customers are actual victims vs customers who deliberately are breaking the rules along with the importer?

It's also interesting that people who sold the cars in the meantime probably escaped consequences -at least temporarily- and the newer owners are holding the bag.

Wondering if one can use a non-title vehicle on a track or private property.

Wondering if one can use a non-title vehicle on a track or private property.
Technically, no, not one that's been illegally imported. It's not a question of how it's used or whether it has a title (many cars in the US illegally do), it's the fact that it's been imported as contraband. The only way forward for contraband is surrender, destruction, or export. Whether the Feds would pursue any of that is up to them, of course. If they don't, it becomes a big question what, if anything, they'd allow the owners to do with the cars. It's possible that they'd allow the owners to re-import the cars, legally, by having a Registered Importer modify them to comply with US regulations (safety and emissions, mostly), or via an exemption such as "show and display" or something else listed on the HS-7 import form.

The Federal government isn't usually interested in criminally prosecuting individual car owners, though they may require the owners to surrender the vehicles. It's the stoopid importer in this case that's attracted their ire by so blatantly flouting the law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom