Yet another v8 conversion issue.....manifold gaskets? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.octagonmma.com
Been scouring Summit all morning, and now I must ask the experts.....I'm using the 70s Vette ramshorn manifolds with my 350 and have no idea what port style I have, therefore I'm a hair cornfused regarding which gasket set to get. I think we're in the ballpark but can't get a whole lot further as I don't know about the particulars of the late Gen 1 sbc engines.

In addition, is there a desired bolt set to use with these manifolds?

Thanks in advance guys....:grinpimp:

Last edited:
The link you show is for Intake gaskets. I believe you want exhaust gaskets. There are three types, Square, Oval and Round. You should be able to tell from looking at the exhaust ports on the head and at the manifold. As for fasteners, Stage 8 makes locking bolts for headers but I don't believe they are required and may not even fit for ramshorn.

I dont' use gaskets for stk chevy exhaust manifolds. GM never used them. If they leak then they must be warped. I used grade 5 bolts for the ramshorns, I don't recall the length. FYI make sure the exhaust mainfolds are cool b4 removing so they don't warp.

I usually get a felpro(the blue ones) intake manifold gasket kit from a local autoparts store.

Crap. Sorry guys. GM never used gaskets with these manifiolds? Himmmm.They don't leak, yet! I have never run the engine, as I'm in a build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom