Yes, another rear heater question. Be gentle. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MrMikeyG

SILVER Star
Threads
ok, I’ve hit a stumbling block pertaining to getting my “new”80 registered, so I’m limited to exploratory stuff, and some pretty basic maintenance at this point. Living in Seattle, the rear heater delete seems like a no brainer to me. And yes, I’m talking full PITA delete hardliners and all.
If we can all agree that there is a point”a,” and point “b” for these lines, with point “b” being the spot under passenger side near the cats where hard lines transition to rubber and enter the floor,
Do my next 2 images show the correct point “a” for these 2 lines. I’m pointing to them with a blue nail set.
One of them hits the T fitting near firewall, and the other is hiding back near/under intake.
It seems like many of the smaller engine bay hoses are the same diameter, do any of our vendors off the correct stuff by the foot?
Also, I saw LandCruiserPhil post a “new” rear heater bypass hose in the “what did you do with your 80 this weekend forum.” I too am interested in the part number. I searched the number stamped on the hose in a couple of places, but came up nil.

E2D28D7A-50D2-4D4E-8DE4-7C7363A11B1F.jpeg

27291B54-8D69-4F4B-A177-0BCFB132F75D.jpeg

Shoot, that second image is rather crap. I’m pretty sure there’s another T there that I’m trying to point at.

I just did a rear heater delete. I didn't / haven't removed the hard lines. All that I used was some 5/8" heater hose and a generic 90 degree 5/8" hose. The straight hose was for the passenger side and the 90 degree for the driver's side. The passenger side was easy. Not so much for the driver's side. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom