Yankee Toys Fall Gathering (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So what's the status?

Hey, all you fence-sitters! That includes me, btw. What's up for the Fall Gathering? I'm trying to fill out my reg form right now and am trying to decide what runs to sign up for.

Right now I'm thinking Stocker on Friday (I know--weak!) and Intermediate on Saturday.

What will you guys be running? Mike, I assume you'll be at least Intermediate if not Hardcore all the time in the 40?

I have to mount my fire extinguisher somewhere prior to this. Right now it's just sitting in my cargo drawer.

And I oughta get a CB antenna since I have power to the radio now.

Brett

Crap! and you're the one who started this whole deal!

I know . . . just a bummer that it couldn't work out for you. You seemed pretty stoked to go.

Is anyone else besides Mike going? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Yes, I’m still in there for the FG! Cindy signed my permission slip weeks ago and I’ve got the time off from work approved too. Again, leaving out at a reasonable hour on Thursday morning. For all of you still considering going, it’s not too late to register. Might even be able to take you money with you and complete the registration process when you arrive, provided that is that you let them know you’re defiantly planning on attending in advance of your arrival. This because they have things to plan like meals and stuff.

Brett, you have to go with what you’re comfortable with in your trail selection. I’ve never wheeled that area so I can offer very little in the way of suggestions. From what I’ve read and heard from others, the stocker runs might afford more of an opportunity for sightseeing but you’re likely to be bored with a full day of this. The moderate rides will challenge you and your rig, and will not likely leave you looking for more. You’re truck is well equipped to handle the moderate rides.

I’m signed up for the hard core rides both days but depending on who shows up, I could change my mind on this in order to wheel with the people I know. That’s the main reason I’m going. Like most, I too want to come home in one piece w/o breakage, but will still look for a challenge each day of wheeling (Fri & Sat). I’m still considering taking a moderate trail ride one day in order to see more of the countryside as there should be some good color in the trees by then.

So there you have it. Sorry to see that more folks from this area aren’t attending. We have the BBRC Fall Crawl in Oct that we should all support, right guys? And then there’s always next year…

Mike in PA
(already planning for GSMTR ‘08)

My application/payment is in the mail. Looks like ZZ Top tix fell through. Oh well. Mark W is supposed to drop off his M416 today. Got my 80 wired with a flat 4 harness last night. Still short one driveshaft, but she does handle great in frontwheel drive.

I need to get to FNF early enough to set up camp, swap tires, shower, eat dinner, and fall asleep in my new Cabela's camping chair. Sweeeeet.

That's great, Jon! What trails are you planning to run? Will you be solo or w/kids? Have any pics of that new camping chair??? Inquiring minds want to know!

And a BIG thanks to you too, Mark Woytovich, for loaning Jon your M416 tire-haulin-trailer whereby saving me yet another trip through NYC!!!

Mike in PA

Yes, a thank you to Mark, after I rewire the lights, fix the brakes, repack the bearings...it does have new tires though.

Dave Crum picked up my shaft last night, and boy were his hands cold. He'll be retubing it with rock worthy material this week.

http://tinyurl.com/3xazeh from Cabela's website. I got the deluxe arm chair in green. Super comfy and delicious.

Kids are in school so I'm going solo. Mapsource says it's a 5 hr trip, so with gas/food/pee figure about 7. I'd like to be on the road no later than 11am. If I can get my crap together a few days beforehand I'll be out earlier.

Wasn't sure on the trail ratings they use. I've been on rides with these guys in the past and what they called intermediate was very light by my standards. In any case I signed up for Friday intermediate and Saturday hardcore. We'll see how it goes. They're good folks and I don't need to break far from home.

Mark is bringing his Coleman BBQ and I'll be picking up some dry aged beef and sausages. The Trail Team dinner is a nice thought, but the food isn't the best. Let me know if you have any dietary requirements. I'll bring coffee.

Okay, I'm taking the leap. I'm signing up for the Intermediate runs Friday and Saturday. I'm mailing the reg. form tomorrow (I forget the truck's plate). My buddy and I will be driving down from the Pinkham Notch area on Thursday and expect to get there sometime mid- to late-afternoon. Guess I should make reservations at FnF now, too!

Any requests? I can bring Troegs brew (as long as we don't drink it by then). Any preference on beer styles?

www.troegs.com

I can see what I can dig out of my freezer, too. I think we still have some homemade Red Wine and Rosemary sausages . . . and some organic chickens.

I'm still planning on going, but nothings definite yet.
might also head up a couple days early, or come back a couple days late.

I dropped my reg form in the mail today. Chris, let me know what your plans are when you get everything figured out.

Next up, FnF reservations...

New news. Not going. Don't ask. Bills suck. Damn.

Last edited:
New news. Not going. Don't ask. Bills suck. Damn. :mad:

Living would be better if it wasn't for life.

yea....
no vacation for me either right now.
I'm taking over my parents property and will now be tearing my hair out with organizational legal stuff and large renovation fees and contracts.

Not looking forward to it, but looking forward to the results!

Anyway, guess i STILL won't get above NYC :rolleyes:

The boss is out of town and I'm going!

Will be on intermediates.

Is anyone from SE Pa going? I'm looking for a ride home for a pair of ambulance doors from Randy from Boston (82cruiser on Ih8mud), gladly cover a tank of gas!

Is anyone from SE Pa going? I'm looking for a ride home for a pair of ambulance doors from Randy from Boston (82cruiser on Ih8mud), gladly cover a tank of gas!

I'm over in Harrisburg. Leaving out for the FG this morning and returning Sunday afternoon. Would gladly give your doors a ride home.
Call me on my cell; 717-679-1853 with details.
Mike Stevens

Thanks for the offer. My wife and I were headed to Freeport ,Me. for our 25th, and after looking on the map, decided it was more fun to detour to the gathering than pass through Boston on the way to Maine. Great group of folks! Got the doors and got to wheel with one of them. Well worth the stop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom