X-Jack success? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone in our area successfully used an ARB Bushranger X-Jack:

53096-lg.jpg

Got mine this weekend and tried it 3x. Test truck was a 2002 GMC Sonoma (my cruiser is in the shop):

2002sonoma01.jpg

1st time using only the exhaust: took an hour to fill, lifted the truck maybe an inch and a half.

2d time filled it in 5 min with my air compressor on the driveway. Lifted the truck about 3 inches. Truck started to wobble. Yes it was chocked.

3d time air compressor again, in the grass and chocked. Lifted the truck about 4 inches then the bag rolled over on me and the truck came down.

I am sure this will get some snickers and I am just not doing this right but I am about to send this $250 balloon back to Amazon. After watching every video I could find (all in sand I noted) I am beginning to feel this is not a good tool for anything short of the Sahara. Is it just me?

there was a mini-review in the recovery section on the main forum.
I believe a disabled vet with limited use of his arms gave the review.
I've got exactly zero experience with the product, but i'd imagine that it would be hard to use. It always reminded me of a MacGyver episode when he gets trapped in some rubble. I don't see how this product could be much better than a bottle jack and a piece of wood.
Just my unqualified opinion...

I had the Titan version of it. I didn't like it. It felt very unstable, most times you had to hold the plug onto the exhaust. Most times instead of the bag going straight up (like it does in promo videos) the base would slip out or something. A compressor fills it much faster than the exhaust as well.

I much preferred using the Hi-lift or the stock bottle jack for lifting the vehicle for various reasons. Also, if you would ever be under the vehicle for any reason, always use a jackstand. I have even heard of stock bottle jacks failing, so i have started using jackstands with those as well if i will be under the truck. Sometimes backup jackstands just to be double safe if i have extra lying around. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom